Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What range to zero subgun/PCC?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    When I worked for HK ITD we zeroed the MP5s at 25 yards. Puts you about 2" high at 50, on at 75 and 2" low at 100. Pretty much covers the entire useable distance for a sub gun. I have done the same with my Evo and found the numbers to work out very similarly.
    This is what I️ found with my EVO as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    This is what I️ found with my EVO as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, the dreaded iPhone update I️ autocorrect.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark and I took the MPX and Zeneth MP5 out to play the zero game and see what gives with new ammo at different ranges. We zero'd the guns with ball 115 grain fodder at 50 yards. We then did the test with Federal HST's plus P 124 grain. We used 6 inch shoot and see's. The MP5 shot a 1 inch group , ragged hole, at 50 yards a few inches high. I was impressed to see Mark shoot a one inch group at 50 yards with a 9mm. We pulled in to 25 and thats were the gun was zero'd with this ammo, dead center. Another one inch group. Out to 100 yards and hit the bottom of the 6 inch target with a 2 inch group with one flier. I was most impressed.

I shot the MPX and the entire time I was shooting Mark was screaming "SHOOT THE GUN FASTER", which in our desert lingo means is "your fkn your group up by shooting too fast". Its a RDS and my trigger finger was not conducive to slow controlled fire and my eyes may suck a little. Still ended up with a 6 inch group, but was a large indiscriminate group. But the MPX held the 50 yard zero with the HST's..

Pretty cool test, I'm fine with either 25 or 50 yard zero because both are Minute of bad guy out to one hundred, just know your gun and ammo. I may slightly favor the 25 yard knowing I would never shoot a bad guy at 200, but I did I could easily hold over should I need to.

Cool guns , good fun and learned a bit. Mark has a pick of the target to follow.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-14-17 at 09:54.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Middle group is 25 yards. Top group is 50 yards. And the bottom group is 100 with a flyer up near the other two 5 round groups.

It strikes me that 25 is optimal. And the flight time from the shot to when you hear the bullet punch the paper is incredible when you're used to rifle shooting.

Last edited by markm; 11-14-17 at 09:52.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Privacy edit
    Last edited by bltzkrg; 01-31-19 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Middle group is 25 yards. Top group is 50 yards. And the bottom group is 100 with a flyer up near the other two 5 round groups.

It strikes me that 25 is optimal. And the flight time from the shot to when you hear the bullet punch the paper is incredible when you're used to rifle shooting.

Uh, that's some good shooting dude. Aside from the flyer the 100 yard group I'd be pretty happy with from an AR, let alone a 9mm with a 9" barrel.

I shot my Z5RS the other day at 100 at steel and found it easier to get hits with it than my Polish AKM. It's definitely an accurate gun.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Colt 9mm is a dedicated gun game.
    I took six Steel Challenge stages averaged the target distances and came out about 27 yards.
    So like like others took 25 as that was a fixed point at my local indoor range. Works well for both Steel and PCC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123