Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Got a dog? Pics, info, breeding, food, training, or anything else you want to share about them goes in this thread.

Our youngest GSD is 3, she is all black, but has started to get a little tan on the rear of her legs by her paws. For people who love the GSD, it is really clear to us how much different the females are than the males. I have always read that the females focus more on people and the males focus more on property. I never personally understood that until we picked up our first female after always having males. They are quite unique, though very much GSD.

We keep our dogs lean, and feed them good food (I just blanked on the name but will update). We do NOT feed our dogs people food, but will on occasion throw in deer meat or raw egg mixed in with their food.

The dogs are trained, and while a lot of people may disagree, a crate is used for a long time, and a shock collar used as well. The prey drive is too high to not use a collar, never to torture, but to break their concentration on the recall command if they decline to listen. A dog that won't come when called is a liability, even if it is because the dog saw an animal to chase.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    What a good girl!

I have a GSD rescue who is a wonderful dog. He was abandoned, but is my best buddy today.

No matter how crappy my day is, I'm always laughing after I get home and we start to play.

His rear hips are pretty bad now, and he's old. What have people done to help with older dogs with bad hips?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    “Dog thread you say? Go on, I’m waiting...”

Not sure of her provenance, she’s a rescue that may be part ridgeback / pit mix.

5125B53A-9BF8-4CCE-AF0A-98F27B219640.jpg
    Last edited by VARIABLE9; 11-07-17 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    C152A505-C2FB-40C5-9272-04577CC67F77.jpg
    456CEF2F-8E37-47B5-879D-81624574AAA3.jpg
    Just my bullmastif rescue.
    He’s an overgrown baby, a complete mommas boy.
    Last edited by Striker6; 11-07-17 at 20:22.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a rescue dufus but he's no guard dog. Just a great companion who loves cushions

Not a fan of windshield wipers

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everyone loves a good dog thread

Our goofy Malinois and ball OCD Dutch Shepherd!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I keep Whippets. Beautiful, graceful, high velocity creatures that are my pals, but are otherwise not particularly useful.

They provide me with much needed comic relief and hog up more than their share of the bed. I like 'em.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    image.jpg
    My Boston passed on 10/30/17
    Strongly considering a Rat Terrier
    Last edited by sjc3081; 11-08-17 at 18:03.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    image.jpg
    My Boston passed on 10/30/17
    Strongly considering a Rat Terrier
    That's what I have. My dufus (Rocky) is a Rat Terrier.

I got him as a present. He was a rescue puppy about 10 weeks old. I've had him for 5 years now and he's absolutely the coolest little dog, any dog, that I've had. Totally calm, not aggressive, low maintenance, quick learner but stubborn. He did destroy my couches when he was around 6 months old. Otherwise a totally awesome little dude

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is our red nose pit named Lily Mae. She is a sweetheart and at the age of 13 is still as spry as a puppy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast