Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    My 13 year old passed this week. He was a killer bird dog! This pic was years ago!
    My oldest GSD is on borrowed time, I feel your pain, and will feel it more within the next week or so.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Fine looking animal there.

Why do I have to remind myself these things are just dogs...?

They are amazing gifts from God at that.
    I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation.
    Pope Pius X

Feedback Score
    German Spaniel [Deutscher Wachtelhund]

wac.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVR View Post
    Fine looking animal there.

Why do I have to remind myself these things are just dogs...?

They are amazing gifts from God at that.
    Little Guardian Angels in the making.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Little Guardian Angels in the making.
    Ha!!

An interesting thought!
    I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation.
    Pope Pius X

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dog backwards is God. Coincidence, I think not. As Einstein said "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
    Last edited by LOBO; 01-22-18 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Love it Stick! He's awesome.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Love it Stick! He's awesome.
    At this point in his career, he is a 100% attention sponge, and whoa be unto he who doesn't keep a close eye on him.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The rescue agency was me. I was walking my Black Lab years ago, and heard a barely audible whimper on the other side of a back yard fence. I thought it was a child who had been injured playing in the yard of an abandoned home. Instead it was my new best friend, Bubba.

He was down to 44 pounds, and had apparently survived on bugs, rodents and rainwater. The doctors at the vet hospital wanted to put him down, saying there was no way he would recover.

I took a week off from work, giving him IV fluids for three days. After four days he could stand, and after a week he could walk. That was about three and a half years ago.

He's back up to 92 pounds, and is inseparable. He's my best friend.

He either sleeps at the foot of my bed every night, or in doorway to the guest room when my granddaughter is in my home.

Like all of us, past injuries and medical history is catching up with him. He's not as spry as he used to be. But still inseparable.
    bless you
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast