Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog thread .... join up and post about mans best friend here!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This is our 4 yr old mutt, Nala. She is mostly Anatolian Shepherd and is a shelter dog. Nala was 1 1/2 yrs old when we got her and she is a mama's dog. We have had a golden retriever and a lab before Nala. Neither of those was allowed in bed with us, until now. Nala is my wife's dog and she sleeps on the bed at our feet. But, Nala is very protective of my wife and our adult daughters when they visit. She also strikes fear in a box of dog biscuits.[ATTACH=CONFIG]48623
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    This is our 4 yr old mutt, Nala. She is mostly Anatolian Shepherd and is a shelter dog. Nala was 1 1/2 yrs old when we got her and she is a mama's dog. We have had a golden retriever and a lab before Nala. Neither of those was allowed in bed with us, until now. Nala is my wife's dog and she sleeps on the bed at our feet. But, Nala is very protective of my wife and our adult daughters when they visit. She also strikes fear in a box of dog biscuits.[ATTACH=CONFIG]48623
    Mrs Stick wants one of them as an outside dog... and some goats..... and other stuff.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nala has a great disposition and is very good with kids. Since I’ve looked up that breed in Google, I bet it would go well with the goats.

Feedback Score

Here sits Dakota at her favorite spot, waiting for a milk bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The rescue agency was me. I was walking my Black Lab years ago, and heard a barely audible whimper on the other side of a back yard fence. I thought it was a child who had been injured playing in the yard of an abandoned home. Instead it was my new best friend, Bubba.

He was down to 44 pounds, and had apparently survived on bugs, rodents and rainwater. The doctors at the vet hospital wanted to put him down, saying there was no way he would recover.

I took a week off from work, giving him IV fluids for three days. After four days he could stand, and after a week he could walk. That was about three and a half years ago.

He's back up to 92 pounds, and is inseparable. He's my best friend.

He either sleeps at the foot of my bed every night, or in doorway to the guest room when my granddaughter is in my home.

Like all of us, past injuries and medical history is catching up with him. He's not as spry as he used to be. But still inseparable.

What you did says a lot about you and your character.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am just an old guy, and nothing special. I like children and dogs.

Grown-ups, not so much sometimes.

Feedback Score
    Love my Lab; he prevented a break-in of my home.

Love Beagles, too.

Feedback Score
    She was very intent on looking out behind the house

Turns out, she was "stalking" this guy

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice, the pup shot is great!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is my guy on the way back from a retrieve during a field trial. We hunt waterfowl as much as possible during the season and then run field trials and hunt test in the off season.

IMG_0491-(ZF-4377-40980-1-001).jpg

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast