Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK Vp9 and pl30 and vp9sk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    If you want to handle a good stock trigger, pick up a Walther PPQ. Liked it much better than a VP9.

Personally, if I had a stable of Glocks, I would just keep them. Solid folks use stock Glocks everyday to put bad people down, so it's not like you're at a disadvantage.
    I kind of felt the opposite in regards to trigger. I like the VP9 better than the PPQ. Without a doubt though, when discussing the best polymer lower striker fired handguns, the VP9 and PPQ are mentioned as having the best feeling and resetting triggers. Preference seems to depend on the shooter.

I'd definitely suggest going to a place that has both if both are on your short list.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I couldn’t deal with that paddle mag release.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've always used my weak hand thumb to release the mag, so it wasn't much of a change at all.

Feedback Score
    hey guys.... i actually forgot about this post lol..... So last week ( dec 6 ) i decided to drop some cash and picked up a used P30L with the LEM trigger and a VP9, and i've shot them twice at the range and while both have a different trigger, WOW do they shoot so nice.. the P30L while it does seem to have a long trigger, it's so light i almost dont even notice it.. and the VP9 is more crisp? but way shorter, than the P30L..

I actually do not mind the mag release, even though a couple years ago when i first got into guns, i remember looking at HK's and being like WTF, i do not / would not like this at all... yet here i am lol...

i will say, i do shoot these two way better than i do any of my Glocks... even my G34 ( which i ended up selling lol ) because of these two handguns. I doubt i will ever get rid of my G26 and G19... But i seriously cant gloat enough about how nice these two HK's fit my hand and shoot... Now as for the price of mag's, that is a different story lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    I’m a Glock guy who is also impressed with the VP9 and considered going the VP9 route as well, especially with some good deals on them floating around. I chose against it, for the simple reason that while the VP9 is a great pistol, my Glocks still do the job well and I just didn’t think the price of investing in a new platform would be worth it.
    It’s a solid thought process that would apply to most Gun changes we make. Most don’t have the self discipline to not buy new shit we don’t need. Me first in that line.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am a Glock guy, but I decided to give the VP9 a try. Had a HK45CT that I really wanted to love, but I was no good with it, so I traded it back for a VP9 (+ cash). Anyway, I'm still a Glock guy, but I really like the VP9. I then bought a VP9sk, which is by far the best gun in its class that I've shot. For me, the VP9 fullsize doesn't really do anything better than a G19, but it does feel great in the hand and I love paddle mag releases - it's more intuitive for me. I love my VP9sk and I like my VP9.

Mike at Cross Creek Guns is a great guy to do business with. He focuses on HKs and I bought all of mine through him.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like a P30 V1. I went to a gunshow this morning somewhat intent on buying a pair to replace my Glock 19 Gen5s. I couldn't do it because all the holsters and mags I'd have to buy.

I'm gonna keep the Glocks as disposable beater guns and just live with 'em.

Feedback Score
    I really enjoy my VP9. I was a bit disappointed when I got to shoot a USP. DA was fine, but the single action was weird. Instead of a well defined wall it just sort of stacked and then broke. It wasn't bad, just not really what I had expected. I was hoping for something more like a DA/SA revolver. I'm not sure how a new HK SA/DA trigger would compare. Buddy bought it used, looked like it had a ton of rounds through it. Still my favorite safety/decocking system.

Personally I don't worry too much about sticking with one system.

For me, I'd rather enjoy many different firearms. Does that mean I'd be at a disadvantage in a self defense situation? Probably so. But life is short, so I'll mix it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12