Thread: Link Test

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Link Test

My Springfield Armory Range Officer had an issue with the slide. Firing a round, the brass would eject and then not go fully into battery. Any attempts at moving the slide failed, even after removing the recoil spring. Inserted a dowel rod into the barrel and pressing against the firing line bench without any movement. Then I saturated it in Rem Oil and let set for awhile and then was able to move the slide.

Friend of mine, who was also firing looked at the barrel link and noticed burrs resulting in resistance. Filed them down and then used emery paper to polish the link. Then I located the following video Atlas Gunworks and after all the filing and polishing it failed their test.

Scroll to :30 of video:

Assume when they drilled the holes for the barrel link, there must be burrs that wasn't removed.

Guess I need the tune up job, since we are limited to one video, I will provide the link to the Barrel Link Tuning by Atlas:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm8KimeMDc

Anyone else ever have this issue?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 11-08-17 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Springfield won't pass that test. Now you have me wondering if it is one of the reasons it is not as accurate as I think it should be.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    My Springfield won't pass that test. Now you have me wondering if it is one of the reasons it is not as accurate as I think it should be.
    Interesting question, I don't know.

My friend & I both have a RO and for sure they are accurate! My other 1911's, along with his RO pass the test. From the fine tuning video, I would assume the drilled holes have burrs.

EDIT: Do a google on 1911 barrel link and accuracy
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 11-08-17 at 08:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good info thanks for the video

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk