Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.5" w/ 0.080 gas port

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I love mine. It runs like a champ, suppressed and unsuppressed. No changing springs, buffers or other monkeyshines. Just feed it quality ammo and use reliable mags.
    Are you suing the A5 system? If so what buffer?

I️ am planning on a. Sionics 11.5 build soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What sort of accuracy has the Sionics 11.5" RGP barrel been throwing? I read the thread about them and people were talking about them running well, but I didn't see any accuracy reports.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Mine is set up with an LMT E-Carrier, A5H3 and Sprinco green spring.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I love mine. It runs like a champ, suppressed and unsuppressed. No changing springs, buffers or other monkeyshines. Just feed it quality ammo and use reliable mags.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Mine is set up with an LMT E-Carrier, A5H3 and Sprinco green spring.
    I'll third the love of this barrel. I'm also running mine with an LMT e-carrier and A5H3 with thee green spring. I run it both suppressed and unsuppressed. After some initial issues with mating the barrel extension to certain brands of uppers, its now run close to 1000 rounds with no problem (except one blown primer that I attribute to the ammo). It can get a little gassy when suppressed, especially with 556, if shooting multi round strings at a fast pace. No gas unsuppressed.

I've gotten about 2 1/4" groups at 100 yards shooting supported using an Aimpoint and CBC 62gr 556. I haven't tried to shoot groups with any match ammo.
    Last edited by nightchief; 11-09-17 at 07:01. Reason: typist sucks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    What sort of accuracy has the Sionics 11.5" RGP barrel been throwing? I read the thread about them and people were talking about them running well, but I didn't see any accuracy reports.
    I don't remember stacking holes when I zeroed mine. But I have an Aimpoint. I think my final POI group was just over MOA. We've never put magnified optics on ours to really test them out since that's not their purpose.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    If I had to guess, I’d say most are not buying these barrels with long-range precision in mind. I haven’t bothered to do any load development with mine, just zeroed at 100 yards with a T1 and 62 gr Gold Dots. IIRC, the final group was ~1.5 MOA. I’m using mine with an A5 RE, A5H3 buffer and SiCo Omega.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    You'll probably want to dial that port down at least 10 thou...
    Yeah, best way to go about doing that?

I bought the barrel before I was informed about gas port size. I won't buy a barrel without asking first from no on, however, I also don't know what the optimal sizes are for barrel/gas system length.

Moreover, I know that the barrel will work as it is -however, I would like to build the best I can with what I've got.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Yeah, best way to go about doing that?

I bought the barrel before I was informed about gas port size. I won't buy a barrel without asking first from no on, however, I also don't know what the optimal sizes are for barrel/gas system length.

Moreover, I know that the barrel will work as it is -however, I would like to build the best I can with what I've got.
    A very good way is with our BRT Micro Tune Gas Block

Pick the right size, install and forget about it.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=6464009
    Last edited by Clint; 11-09-17 at 16:18.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    If I had to guess, I’d say most are not buying these barrels with long-range precision in mind. I haven’t bothered to do any load development with mine, just zeroed at 100 yards with a T1 and 62 gr Gold Dots. IIRC, the final group was ~1.5 MOA. I’m using mine with an A5 RE, A5H3 buffer and SiCo Omega.
    I understand that long range precision is not the goal of this type of barrel and do not have any such expectations. That said, accuracy is an important performance metric for a barrel, and is still a consideration when comparing to other barrels.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Are you suing the A5 system? If so what buffer?

I️ am planning on a. Sionics 11.5 build soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine has a Sionics NP3 BCG, Vltor A5H3 buffer and a green Sprinco buffer spring, as Doctor Iraqgunz prescribed for me.

It runs like a scalded dog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast