Thread: barrel bedding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

barrel bedding

i have an Aero upper and a Colt 11.5 that I am putting together that is sloppy as hell. it will fall right in and out of the upper. there is no tension holding the barrel extension to the upper so i was wondering what there is to use to bed the barrel to the upper other than loctite? I think i saw a guy on youtube use some brown substance in a brown squeez tube but that was a while ago and i can't find it now. What have you guys used and have you seen success?
    also, since this is a short barrel im not worried too much about super duper precision but would like to see decent groupings... it is a colt barrel!!!

as always, i appreciate your guys opinions and info!

Darrin

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    i have an Aero upper and a Colt 11.5 that I am putting together that is sloppy as hell. it will fall right in and out of the upper. there is no tension holding the barrel extension to the upper so i was wondering what there is to use to bed the barrel to the upper other than loctite? I think i saw a guy on youtube use some brown substance in a brown squeez tube but that was a while ago and i can't find it now. What have you guys used and have you seen success?
    also, since this is a short barrel im not worried too much about super duper precision but would like to see decent groupings... it is a colt barrel!!!

as always, i appreciate your guys opinions and info!

Darrin
    What do you mean? "there is no tension holding the barrel extension to the upper" Are you not going to use a barrel nut? You are worrying about nothing. Put it together and shoot it.

Feedback Score
    Glen Zideker, world class AR shooter, recommends bedding the barrel extension to the upper by using red loktite.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Glen Zideker, world class AR shooter, recommends bedding the barrel extension to the upper by using red loktite.
    Who gives a crap what a world class AR shooter does to get a nut??? The OP is talking about mounting a so so Colt barrel on a cheap ass Aero receiver. Where do you guys come from???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Who gives a crap what a world class AR shooter does to get a nut??? The OP is talking about mounting a so so Colt barrel on a cheap ass Aero receiver. Where do you guys come from???
    Preach, Brother GH41!

Hallelujah and AMEN.

Slide it in, nice and gentle. Then torque that sumb***h down to 40lbs. Do three cycles to get the stretch out.

Go fire the dang thing. If you insist on buying anything to put on the barrel, 3M Grease. But remember, it goes on the threads mostly...
    Last edited by HeruMew; 11-08-17 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    The rifle isn't going to Camp Perry. Assemble it properly and don't give it a second thought.