Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Feinstein at it again (again). AWB 2017.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    It's obvious that every single firearm and firearm related purchase is tracked, logged and known by whichever alphabet agency wants the info.

You're fooling yourself if you think the ATF and other fed.gov agencies aren't tracking ALL 4473's and all purchases of ammo, mags, armor, etc.

We live in the age where privacy is only attainable by living in a cave in the middle of nowhere with no electronics whatsoever. For all intents and purposes, our entire lives are open books if someone wants the info.
    They sure aren't tracking the stuff I sell in any type of "real time". Probably 1/3 of my transfers are to NICS exempt purchasers. That 4473 goes in a box in one of my safes. Until the ATF comes looking for it (which has never happened) nobody even knows where that firearm went but me and the person who purchased it. As noted earlier, a NICS check doesn't transfer any real data other than the fact someone asked for a background for a potential purchase or pawn of a firearm.

Hell, manufacturers are not even required to submit serial numbers of firearms they sell to the ATF. They are required to log them and keep track, but that info isn't shared with the ATF unless they come looking for it. All they have to do is fill out this very simple form https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...30011/download annually.

As for ammo, it is shipped to my distribution warehouse by the pallet, broken down into individual retail packages and then sent to me. My warehouse doesn't track any sort of identifying numbers on those individual packages (I asked a long time ago), the only thing they know is they sent me X amount of X type ammo. That invoice is buried in their system until some alphabet agency comes looking. Since this warehouse also is one of my prime vendors of other stuff, I regularly socialize with their management. Many are gun guys and we've had multiple discussions about these types of subjects. They have never had a visit from anyone from the ATF because they don't sell firearms. Ammo is pretty much unregulated. They fill out ZERO paperwork with the ATF for ammo. There are invoices from the manufacturer, but that's it.

Magazines are the same way. There is no reporting required by the ATF or any other gov't agency as to their production and distribution. Unless a manufacturer is secretly funneling its sales data to the ATF.. tracking isn't happening.

Armor.. I have no clue. Never bought any, never have dealt in any.

While I have no love for any type of firearms regulations and hate the paperwork I have to deal with as an FFL, I feel that the ATF is an inefficient shit show. With just over 3000 agents tasked with more than firearms, they aren't the boogeyman we want them to be. The real danger comes on a local scale ie: California.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    My take: new restrictions on muzzle loaders? Really? REALLY?
    https://giffords.org/wp-content/uplo...nd-Legal-1.pdf

LEGAL AND LETHAL:
    9 PRODUCTS THAT COULD
    BE THE NEXT BUMP STOCK

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Giffords wants your "ghost guns"

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords asked two web hosting companies on Friday to shut down websites selling parts and machines that help make untraceable homemade firearms known as "ghost guns."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giffords-...231543344.html

Apparently The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence likes equal rights under the law.... until they don't.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    'Bout time for her husband to make some "ghost" purchases, no?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Need to shut down sites belonging to Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware. They all sell scary tools enabling people to make scary ghost guns.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — A gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords asked two web hosting companies on Friday to shut down websites selling parts and machines that help make untraceable homemade firearms known as "ghost guns."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giffords-...231543344.html

Apparently The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence likes equal rights under the law.... until they don't.
    So every machine shop in the nation needs to be shut down by that logic.

Hell ban files, and other hand tools too while we’re at it.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415