Thread: Battle belt: HSGI Slim vs Viking Tactics Skirmish

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Battle belt: HSGI Slim vs Viking Tactics Skirmish

I can't decide between the two and I have no way of getting my hands on them to try out first. I work on a SWAT team and I need to get rid of my drop leg attachments because it's killing my back/hips and cyatic nerve. The HSGI looks comfortable, but I'm worried about it shifting or riding up because it's not attached. I like the design of the Viking Tactics Skirmish with the outer belt being secured to an inner velcro belt. I'm going to run my Safariland holster with the drop flex adapter and secure it with one leg strap. If I do this do I still need to worry about the HSGI moving on me? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    What's on your belt? I just recently moved from the regular HSGI to the slimgrip. It shifts around alot more and with less real estate for molle the pouches flop a little. All I have are 2 tacos (the rifle with pistol mag type) a USMC dump pouch that's usually empty, a small med kit and mid ride holster on the rti adapter. If you have more than that I'd suggest the regular suregrip. I never had a problem with either riding up. I've never used an inner/outer belt setup, so I can't comment there. I'm probably going to go back to a full size suregrip.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also curious as to what is on your belt and if there is a reason you've narrowed it down to just those two. I don't have personal experience with either of those but I have tried a few other setups and have completely settled on the decision to get a Ronin Tactics Sensei/Task Force belt. Currently I have the Crye MRB but the stiffer outer belt of the Ronin looks superior. Since I started looking at the Ronin belts I've noticed that tons of guys are using them, with apparently very good results. Just another option to consider. I hate having a huge belt on but there is a lot of value to the inner/outer velcro design.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Ronin Task Force belt recently and am very impressed with it. I had the HSGI SureGrip before and didn't like how it pinched and shifted. Still a good belt but the Ronin is much more comfortable when moving a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ended up going with an HSGI 1.75" riggers belt that has velcro and can mate up with an inner velcro belt. My set up is really simple. I run my Glock 23 on a Safariland drop flex adapter on a single leg shroud, a Gerber multi-tool, 2 handgun mags and one 30 round MP5 mag. I haven't decided if I'm going to move my HSGI bleeder/blowout IFAK from my tac vest to my belt or not. I think this set up should work for me, but if it doesn't then I can always add the VTAC or HSGI battle belt.