Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Semi-Auto Shotgun in New Jersey

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    It's a Mossberg Magpul SGA with the Aridus Stock Adapter (which for the sake of disclosure is my company)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    This is true, the dude has gotten a bunch of my money.

Now get that sweet Zhukov handguard adapter ready for sale, I'm jonesing for one!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran-USMC View Post
    My local range & gun shop stated that many sem-auto rifles & shotguns are being traded for a gun that's not semi-auto because the Dems are in control and anything law wise can happen in NJ-----Penna is on my mind as far as moving!
    Time for another cup of Java!
    That is the reason why NJ sucks so much. Everyone just rolls over and takes it up the poop shoot. If you know anyone that wants to dump some good Semi auto's I'll be happy to give them pennies on the dollar. I ain't givin up shit.

The new 1301's introduced at Shot Show a few days ago no longer have that feeding problem. Beretta fixed it so if you can get your hands on one of the new ones, you won't have to have a gunsmith monkey with anything. Just a heads up. LAV did a video where the Beretta guy explained that the "fatal flaw" is now gone.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd get the 1301, if it's in your budget.

Mine has been extremely reliable, and I don't pamper my defensive shotguns.

Is this how you mounted the MagPul stock? http://www.aridusindustries.com/prod...stock-adapter/
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Where did you score that M2 3 gun? That is a heck of a price.
    Gamaliel, on close out. It was last years model with the 21" barrel. The new model has the 24" barrel and more cut out around the loading port. I'll probably have mine milled out a little more but I'm happy with the 21" barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    The new 1301's introduced at Shot Show a few days ago no longer have that feeding problem. Beretta fixed it so if you can get your hands on one of the new ones, you won't have to have a gunsmith monkey with anything.
    It's not a feeding problem, it's a shell release for unloading that can be accidentally activated.

For anyone looking at an older 1301 either closeouts or used, the fix is cheap and easy. No gunsmith required.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Benelli M2, that I have all gussied up. Benelli shotguns are my favorite semi autos. They run everything you feed it. I have a Nighthawk REM 870 for my pump HD gun.

I love to bird hunt so I'm eaten up with shotguns. Anyway, good luck with your purchase. The M2 price is very fair.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen 2 days ago NJ elected a new Democratic Gov...
    My local range & gun shop stated that many sem-auto rifles & shotguns are being traded for a gun that's not semi-auto because the Dems are in control...
    First, don't panic.

I'm living your worst case scenario: I've lived in California on-and-off since 1992. ARs are still legal here, though it's a little complicated. If you want an AR, then get an AR.

Second, if you want a shotgun, then get a Benelli M2. Accept no substitutes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you given any thought to a pistol caliber lever action? Should be shorter OAL and less recoil than a shotgun.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 04-17-18 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Agree with PB, Benelli M2 is the gold standard in auto loader shotguns.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Can you get a pre-ban Benelli in?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast