Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PD trade in 6520 - a couple questions.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    +1 - I'm having an IDF clone upper done using a chopped 6720 barrel and Colt A1 upper. Can't wait to get it.
    Very cool. I had a Slick Side Colt A1 upper with a BCM 11.5" bbl assembly on it. My buddy talked me out of it a few years ago. I really liked that upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Circle_10, I see that scottryan answered your questions.

There are many companies producing great AR15s now, and I own and use more than one type. However, I will always own and use Colt's rifles. You may find yourself using the Colt more often than you have predicted after spending some time with your new acquisition.
    “All the people constitute the militia – according to the Founding Fathers. Therefore every able-bodied man has a duty under the Constitution to become part of the ‘well-regulated’ militia, specifically to understand and perform well with the individual weapon currently issued to the regular establishment …. Thus one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen.”

Colonel Jeff Cooper, USMC May 10th, 1920 - September 25th, 2006 WWII Korea

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Very cool. I had a Slick Side Colt A1 upper with a BCM 11.5" bbl assembly on it. My buddy talked me out of it a few years ago. I really liked that upper.

I'd love to live in a state where I could own a CAR/GAU knockoff. If I ever move to a Class III state, a Commando will be my first purchase.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'd love to live in a state where I could own a CAR/GAU knockoff. If I ever move to a Class III state, a Commando will be my first purchase.
    Come to Vermont!

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Come to Vermont!

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about VT or NH.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about VT or NH.
    VT is pretty good and very gun friendly. If were 25 years younger I would look hard at NH. VT is soooo liberal.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Your lower is the current style sear block and is compatible with any style of carrier, both semi and full auto.

Your can move the parts from your current carrier to the new full auto carrier.

Be advised you will have a semi auto firing pin in the full auto carrier, which is not an issue for functioning, but is technically not the correct assembly.
    This thread is costing me money! My upper showed up today. Thanks Scott!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    VT is pretty good and very gun friendly. If were 25 years younger I would look hard at NH. VT is soooo liberal.
    How could VT be so liberal, and also very gun friendly? Oxymoron?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    How could VT be so liberal, and also very gun friendly? Oxymoron?
    Article 16 of the Vermont Constitution. Is what the 2nd Amendment should have been. It's much clearer. Article 1 rocks too.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My A2 Colt showed up Monday. I'm pretty happy. I didn't realize it had the neutered front takedown pin. I might sent it to ADCO for the conversion and to have the BBL cut to 14.5" and pinned.

I'm glad it's not the old big hole pin. Part of me is irritated about the gouges on the lower by the mag release part of me just wants to hear that war story!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast