Thread: Who has a Daniel Defense (new model) or Springfield Armory AR 15 Pistol?

Feedback Score

Who has a Daniel Defense (new model) or Springfield Armory AR 15 Pistol?

Daniel Defense (re-entry) and Springfield Armory are selling AR 15 pistols; would like to hear from owners!

Feedback Score
    Just great, now I will be spending more money. Thanks a lot! Oh and I am not sure what your actual question is but you would be nuts to buy a Springfield ar over a dd if you can afford the dd.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most consumers are boycotting Springfield right now.
    If I butcher any of this I apologize and please feel free to correct me.

Springfield and I believe Rock River Arms both cooperated with anti-gun legislation this past spring so that it could benefit their companies somehow. I can't remember the exact details but I think what happened was Springfield and Rock River Arms both signed some contract with the Illinois state government so that illinois would make certain firearms illegal but still let Springfield and Rock River Arms produce their guns in their state. Instead of trying to fight that legislation these two companies took handouts from legislators so that their companies would be exempt from these new laws / legislation / regulation while American citizens had their second amendment rights Stripped Away.

Something along those lines I can't remember the details. Hopefully someone else will clear up what I was trying to get at..

I won't be buying any Springfield products. And honestly I'm not impressed by the Springfield AR-15. It's not even close to a tier 1 gun, and I think it's overpriced when you can get a tier 1 gun for the same or less cost.
    Speaking of overpriced let's talk about Daniel Defense yeah they make great stuff I won't deny that, but I'm a middle-class American man I'm not going to spend twice as much on product A if I can spend half as much money on product B when they are both mechanically built to the same standards.

I'm not really aware of any companies that build Tier 1 AR-15 style pistols for a reasonable price. If it were my gun and I was trying to build a nice AR-15 pistol I would just build it myself.
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 11-12-17 at 01:31.

Feedback Score
    Looks like Bravo Company is a pathway between the "aforementioned two" although I see Bravo Company components in the Springfield Armory product. Does Bravo sell a complete AR 15 pistol? I would like to know more about the DD and SA products as they are complete pistol packages. They walk like a duck and quack like a duck and there is no confusion about their configuration.

Aside: I am one of those people who skip dessert so they can buy a DD. I don't know a lot about the Springfield Armory and Rock River thing in Illinois, but I do remember occasions when Colt Firearms and Smith and Wesson found themselves cross ways with folks; I think we were turning in our rocks and spears at Fort Polk at the time. Do you think Colt, S & W, etc. can manufacture firearms in hostile states like Connecticut and Massachusetts without making concessions to the Big Ban(g) community?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Looks like Bravo Company is a pathway between the "aforementioned two" although I see Bravo Company components in the Springfield Armory product. Does Bravo sell a complete AR 15 pistol? I would like to know more about the DD and SA products as they are complete pistol packages. They walk like a duck and quack like a duck and there is no confusion about their configuration.
    In answer to your question, yes BCM does sell complete AR pistols. I know for certain they sell a 11.5” 5.56 with 10” KMR-A, and a 9” 300BO with 8” KNR-A. They may sell other lengths or rails but I know for certain those two.

The 5.56 is $1500 on BCMs site and $1400 on a couple of other sites. None of BCM pistols come with a brace however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    In answer to your question, yes BCM does sell complete AR pistols. I know for certain they sell a 11.5” 5.56 with 10” KMR-A, and a 9” 300BO with 8” KNR-A. They may sell other lengths or rails but I know for certain those two.

The 5.56 is $1500 on BCMs site and $1400 on a couple of other sites. None of BCM pistols come with a brace however.
    Bogart,
    Thanks for info! I wish they sold their pistols with a brace.
    thegreyman

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah, would be nice. But you can actually build their pistol using their complete pistol lower, complete URG, their BCG and CH for a few hundred less than buying complete.

Or you can do it for even less with a Sionics stripped lower, BCM LPK, and Shockwave blade tube, brace, buffer, etc kit.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post

I️ve been beyond satisfied with my DD V7 and BCM 11.5 5.56 upper. That said I’ve begun the process of building an AR pistol using reputable parts and for the life of me I️ can not figure out why tf some AR’s are so expensive.

Off soap box: if cost conscious, buy BCM all day. I’ve beat my BCM to death and she runs excellent. If you want a rifle that will travel to the end of the world and tell your story after your dead, get yourself a DD, no question. My DD is easily over 7 years old with 15k rounds using all OEM parts. I️ got paranoid and changed out the gas rings and extractor spring but that’s it. No accuracy degrading that I’ve noticed within 300 yards. Oh and I’ve only had 3 double feeds, due to an exceptionally dirty gun. But those thee double feeds are the ONLY malfunctions I’ve every experienced. I’ve ran all types of ammo through my DD, brass, green tip, steel cased, M193, SD loads, etc. No issues.

If you want to save some coin for a fun project, build the lower and buy the complete upper from DD or BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
    I️ve been beyond satisfied with my DD V7 and BCM 11.5 5.56 upper. That said I’ve begun the process of building an AR pistol using reputable parts and for the life of me I️ can not figure out why tf some AR’s are so expensive.

Off soap box: if cost conscious, buy BCM all day. I’ve beat my BCM to death and she runs excellent. If you want a rifle that will travel to the end of the world and tell your story after your dead, get yourself a DD, no question. My DD is easily over 7 years old with 15k rounds using all OEM parts. I️ got paranoid and changed out the gas rings and extractor spring but that’s it. No accuracy degrading that I’ve noticed within 300 yards. Oh and I’ve only had 3 double feeds, due to an exceptionally dirty gun. But those thee double feeds are the ONLY malfunctions I’ve every experienced. I’ve ran all types of ammo through my DD, brass, green tip, steel cased, M193, SD loads, etc. No issues.

If you want to save some coin for a fun project, build the lower and buy the complete upper from DD or BCM.

I built my all BCM 300 blackout over a month or two because I didnt have the cash up front. Cost me 30 or 40 bucks more. Put it on top of a stripped lower I had. Put a ALG trigger and Lpk in it with a bcm buffer tube assembly with a H buffer, kak pistol brace and bcm grip. Not running the o ring and she runs good on supers or subs.
    20171012_140540.jpg
    Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankW View Post

I built my all BCM 300 blackout over a month or two because I didnt have the cash up front. Cost me 30 or 40 bucks more. Put it on top of a stripped lower I had. Put a ALG trigger and Lpk in it with a bcm buffer tube assembly with a H buffer, kak pistol brace and bcm grip. Not running the o ring and she runs good on supers or subs. $ 1,100.00 bucks all together. Saved a few hundred
    20171012_140540.jpg
    Last edited by stevenravenscroft; 11-15-17 at 22:02.
    Steve