Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRT Custom Tune Gas Port Success

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

BRT Custom Tune Gas Port Success

Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think Clint needs shills because people seem to love him around here, so no worries.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After corresponding with Clint, I ordered the kit with the micro port, drill & tap for my suppressed Colt 6933. It will be installed in the FSB (which has been shaved). The 6933 has an A5 RE & A5H2. With the suppressor, recoil is rather sharp. I think the A5H2 buffer at 5.5 oz (actual weight on the scale) is about optimum, so it's time to address the gas port. The BRT CustomTune FSB Gas Port Kit is $35. Once I get the kit & install it, I'll take it to the range and report back.

Thanks to Clint for taking the time to answer my questions.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-12-17 at 17:39.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ordered a BRT CustomTune Gas Port kit for my Colt 6933. With a suppressor, recoil was sharp and uncomfortable, even with an A5H2 buffer. Uncertain what size gas port to use, I filled out the BRT questionnaire and let them figure it out. Even so, I was worried that the gas port would be a bit larger than I wanted. But my worries were for naught. Recoil is much improved and all sharpness is gone. The rifle also passes the lock-back check. Recoil feels right. Just enough gas to send the carrier its full travel without slamming into the RE. The best part about it is that the 6933 is tuned perfectly to run with the suppressor while still using the original pinned FSB.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've had good luck with the inserts as well. It saves most people the cost of a new barrel and let's them spend money on ammo, mags, and training.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We had several application requests for orders last week.

7.5" 300BLK
    16" MID
    18" RIFLE
    11.5" CAR

One customer had a bunch of N*veske barrels that were going to be used suppressed.

Those ports usually run on the big side to start with (MIL+ Gas Drive), and adding suppressors to the mix is a recipe for frustration.

10.5" CAR, mixed suppressed use with GMT carrier

12.5" CAR that will get chopped to 11.5", mixed suppressed use with GMT carrier

16" MID that will get chopped to 13.5", dedicated suppressed with an LMT carrier

14.5" MID that will get pinned to 16", mixed suppressed use with GMT carrier

16" MID, mixed suppressed use with GMT carrier

How about all those variables?

This should be fun!
    Last edited by Clint; 01-30-18 at 14:47.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nothing beats correcting the industries brainless stupidity with a correct gas port. When you let those first few rounds fly, you'll be smiling.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    An email from a few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    A few months ago I ordered a BRT CustomTune Gas port for my over gassed RRA mid-length 16’’ Match upper. I finally got around to and installed it, then it sat in my safe till today. I shot 50 rounds of mk262 ammo which is hot and I use for NRA Service Rifle. What a major difference, the rounds eject the way they are supposed to around 4:00 and not 1:00 and the BCG and barrel crown are much cleaner, and I guess that my gas rings will last longer than 800 rounds. It really was not that hard to install, just the pins on the RRA front site base are not that easy to remove but was not that big of an issue. When I went to armors school in the Army I did stay awake for that section. But very please and would recommend them to anyone that has the issues I had. Thanks

V/R

A. Z.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been messing with, and enjoying, a wildcat AR cartridge called the 277 Wolverine. It is somewhat akin to 300BLK but uses 6.8 bullets instead of 30-cal.

Being a Wildcat, the gas port specs are probably not quite set just yet. Also, I believe the barrel was spec'ed out to run subsonic unsuppressed because it was very overgassed with full-powered ammo.

I ordered a kit from BRT with an extra small gas port. The kit was very simple to install and it only took me a couple tries to testfire and drill the small port to something that worked better for me.

In the future, whenever I need a new gas block, I'll probably just buy one of the BRT blocks with a port already installed. The gas block is priced pretty close to other high end blocks and it'll give me the ability to tweak the gas port if needed.

Thanks, BRT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast