Thread: WIlson Multi Comp

Feedback Score

WIlson Multi Comp

First handgun I ever bought - Auto Ordnance Series 70 -came with a Wilson multi-comp on it, with no regular bushing.

I was going to replace it with a regular bushing (probably thick). You think I will miss the multi-comp?

Feedback Score
    I think it depends on the ammo you shoot. The .45ACP, unlike the 38Super, is a low pressure round to begin with so there's not that much gas to make the comp work unless there's an expansion chamber in the comp and a lot of the early ones don't have an expansion chamber. If you shoot +Ps' then you might notice a difference. I have a Nastoff Super Comp Colt in .45ACP and I found the hotter I loaded it the better the comp worked.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I don't believe so. It didn't do anything for me except make it harder to put into holsters.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    That thing is in no way a comp, it's a muzzle brake and does not have any ports/baffles to redirect gases the way a compensator does.
    No one else will tell you so I will, you look like a dufus with that on, take it off

Feedback Score
    Thanks tribe.

I will order up some bushings and alike and swap it out. I doubt I will miss it, but I will update if I do.

Any specific bushing/plugs you recommend? I like the looks of the thick/long nose set-up, but no one seems to have a checkered long nose plug.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Get an EGW. Measure muzzle and slide. They'll cut one to fit.