Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10.5" barrels and gas ports

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    That was the one I was asking about the size of the gas port earlier. Too bad they don't offer the RGP model with the FSB.
    Call me crazy, but in the drop down for options I see "add FSB +$40" right there on the Web store for the 11.5 rgp barrel.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I called about a year ago and asked for an 11.5 with a .0590" gas port (so I could determine the best size for my setup.) I had it in a few weeks. So, I'm sure you can get an RGP with a FSB.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Call me crazy, but in the drop down for options I see "add FSB +$40" right there on the Web store for the 11.5 rgp barrel.
    How did I miss that, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Good to know on the DD 10.3” barrel, and smaller gas port, I need one that is not as over gassed as my present one is. Now it seems much more violent then a friendsMK he just got from Daniel Defense, I did mine back in 2012 so I’m betting it’s a much larger gas port?
    Last edited by mstennes; 02-05-18 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    Markm,

You guys ever shoot that upper with a can? How’s it handle the pressure?
    Sorry I missed this post. But Pappabear runs a can on everything. No issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Sounds like the OP has everything worked out. In case anyone else is interested, Specialized Armament usually has (in their words) Colt MK18 barrel assemblies available. SAW definitely isn’t the cheapest place around, but if you need it now, they’re in stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

10.5" barrels and gas ports

Quote Originally Posted by jpaul View Post
    Sounds like the OP has everything worked out. In case anyone else is interested, Specialized Armament usually has (in their words) Colt MK18 barrel assemblies available. SAW definitely isn’t the cheapest place around, but if you need it now, they’re in stock.
    No, what it says is:

“Colt Defense 10.3 inch SOCOM MK18 barrel assy with all SA Reliability Package mods.
    1/7 twist, chrome-lined bore and chamber.”

They also won’t disclose what these SA mods are, or the gas port size. I’m not wasting my money on a company that won’t be up front with modifications they do to a barrel or a gas port size that come from another company, assuming that they aren’t lying about it being a true colt MK18 barrel and not just a cut down.

They can take their barrels and kick rocks IMO.

It’s also interesting that they are the only company that seems to be able to source these and always have them in stock, while other retailers haven’t had them in years.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 02-06-18 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just picked up from the smith today. Cut to 10.3” and gas port opened to .070.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234