Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vltor a5 system or jp silent captured spring?

Feedback Score
    thanks man, and its a mil spec tube from spikes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFS View Post
    Spring noise is harmless, but if it matters to you it can be eliminated by simply lubricating the recoil spring.

But to directly answer your question, A5. No brainer. You probably wont find anybody here that would pick a JP system over A5.

What kind of tube do you have currently?

EDIT to add: Forgot about the Geisselle Super 42, that would be a great option too.
    thanks man, its a milspec spikes, not sure who their oem is. and whats geisselle super 42?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've never encountered horrible noises or vibration coming from the buffer spring. Is the inside of the extension rough?
    nope, clean and smooth

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    The only time I notice spring is when I’m firing suppressed, with ear pro, with a focus on precision. Even the JP has some spring sound. Less pronounced but there.

Feedback Score
    I've now shot my ARs with the Super 42, and I really like it. In my opinion, the JP-SCS has the best feel, the Super 42 is second, and in a far-away third place is a regular carbine spring. For feeding reliability, the Super 42 feels strongest, followed by a carbine spring, followed by the JP-SCS.

I believe the Super 42 represents the best all-around replacement to a regular carbine spring. The "sproing!" is completely eliminated by it, which is important to me because I mainly shoot suppressed.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The only time I notice spring is when I’m firing suppressed, with ear pro, with a focus on precision. Even the JP has some spring sound. Less pronounced but there.
    Ditto. The first time I shot my 300BLK shorty with a can and no ear pro I thought something had broken it was so crunchy sounding.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Try the Geissele Super 42. I ran that setup in a previous build, and found it eliminated all the "sproing" from my rifle. It's a lot cheaper than the A5 and JP SCS, and does not require replacing the receiver extension.

Feedback Score
    Between the A5 and the JP? The A5 properly set up will operate over a wider span than the JP properly setup, as far as MRBS/MRBF due to the action system.
    The Super 42 could be an option for some that can not add the 3/4" RE for whatever reason. The timing events for the 42 are not as preferable than what the A5 can be.
    Neither the JP or the 42 have the time in bolt over travel to the magazine as the A5 does for proper round presentation to allow proper chambering. Magazines can be "fast", but they do not work "instantly", issues come up where the timing of a standard carbine action, JP, 42 do not have the time available to function properly. This is just one example of a few that shows preferable operation of the A5 or rifle like action over what is available for the carbine length RE, as far as MRBS.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A5 VLTOR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Between the A5 and the JP? The A5 properly set up will operate over a wider span than the JP properly setup, as far as MRBS/MRBF due to the action system.
    The Super 42 could be an option for some that can not add the 3/4" RE for whatever reason. The timing events for the 42 are not as preferable than what the A5 can be.
    Neither the JP or the 42 have the time in bolt over travel to the magazine as the A5 does for proper round presentation to allow proper chambering. Magazines can be "fast", but they do not work "instantly", issues come up where the timing of a standard carbine action, JP, 42 do not have the time available to function properly. This is just one example of a few that shows preferable operation of the A5 or rifle like action over what is available for the carbine length RE, as far as MRBS.
    That's quite a statement to say guns with a carbine receiver extension don't have the time available to function properly. You should tell the Army, they'll be shocked to know their M4s don't function properly. The A5 presents some improvements, as the Super 42 does, but there's millions of guns that work absolutely fine with carbine receiver extensions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast