Thread: Relia Bolt and BCG

Feedback Score

Relia Bolt and BCG

For the people who have one whats your thoughts...

Is the Bolt and BCG worth the $$$ or even just getting the bolt...

i do like the design of the bolt lugs... and am just looking to possibly buy a new bolt or a whole BCG/bolt

right now i am running a nickel boron FailZero bolt / bcg and it works awesome!! even when run hard it's run flawlessly... i do have a spare Spikes tactical phosphate full auto bcg as a backup and then the manufactures bcg as the back up's back up lol......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TactiCool1976 View Post
    For the people who have one whats your thoughts...

Is the Bolt and BCG worth the $$$ or even just getting the bolt...

i do like the design of the bolt lugs... and am just looking to possibly buy a new bolt or a whole BCG/bolt

right now i am running a nickel boron FailZero bolt / bcg and it works awesome!! even when run hard it's run flawlessly... i do have a spare Spikes tactical phosphate full auto bcg as a backup and then the manufactures bcg as the back up's back up lol......
    I bought a bolt to test out when it was on sale, the NP3 version. I tested it with 3k rnds of wolf steel cased cleaning every 1k rounds. Honestly it doesnt do anything more than what a high quality mil-spec bolt does like a colt, BCM or LMT except it cleans up alittle easier. Also the angled lugs do nothing, how many times have you encountered a malf. because of debris in the locking lug recesses vs having a dirty chamber or friction in the BCG?? Id rather have the radiused and relief cut lugs on the LMT enhanced bolt or KAC bolt that actually increase fatigue strength.

Also the bolt I purchased did not come with a black extractor spring insert. Just a spring and o-ring. I called to see if this was a mistake and some engineer over at their shop told me the spring + o-ring provided the proper tension. I just rolled my eyes, hung up, threw away the o-ring a put a spare black extractor insert into the spring. Never had a malfunction.

I don't feel this bolt does anything better than a good mil-spec bolt function wise. Considering I bought it for cheaper than a BCM I'm OK with it. However, I didn't test the longevity of the S7 steel though so who knows.

Personally if they offered a regular C158 mil-spec bolt with NP3 instead of phosphate for $60 like a Sionics I would just get that instead.

Feedback Score
    ok, this is good to know, i mean the hardest i've ever run my AR is doing 5 or 6 mag dumps.. on the other side, like i said before i like the "idea" of the bolt lugs, if it makes it easier / more efficient design.... but like you said, how often do you really get a malfunction because of debris...

Feedback Score
    Here is the thing that I have not heard most people talk about, forget the bolt, focus on the carrier. It truly does make the gun run smoother, not a clue on reliability. I was running a FailZero BCG also with the A5 buffer system.