Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 19 Trigger Issues

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Gen5 Glock 19 Trigger Issues

I just picked up a new Gen5 Glock 19 and over the weekend have encountered some issues raising concerns. Hoping this can be remedied on my end without sending the pistol in, wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Dry firing the pistol, every now and then (roughly 5-10% of the time) when racking the slide, the trigger is dead. I pull it and nothing, feels like it is not engaging the striker. I cannot replicate the problem consistently. Holding trigger in or not while cycling slide has no impact, slow or fast, no seen impact.

I have not stripped the pistol beyond removing the slide, only thing I have done is lube rails.

Another oddity that may be related (none of my Gen3 Glocks do this) is that when I remove the slide, I pull the trigger, move slide back 1/10", push down slide lock, and as i push the slide forward, it catches the trigger and pushes the trigger forward, necessitating that i pull the trigger a second time to get out of the way and remove the slide. This is not the trigger being reset.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This is pure heresay. Glocks are perfect !

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is pure heresay. Glocks are perfect !
    Indeed, looks like it's just going to go back to Glock. My girlfriend made fun of me this weekend for originally calling this pistol the "gold standard".

I also confirmed what I originally thought was a joke: that Glock intentionally ships the pistol with the rear sight drifted to the right to accommodate right hand shooters pulling shots to the left
    Last edited by eternal24k; 11-13-17 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    I just picked up a new Gen5 Glock 19 and over the weekend have encountered some issues raising concerns. Hoping this can be remedied on my end without sending the pistol in, wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Dry firing the pistol, every now and then (roughly 5-10% of the time) when racking the slide, the trigger is dead. I pull it and nothing, feels like it is not engaging the striker. I cannot replicate the problem consistently. Holding trigger in or not while cycling slide has no impact, slow or fast, no seen impact.

I have not stripped the pistol beyond removing the slide, only thing I have done is lube rails.

Another oddity that may be related (none of my Gen3 Glocks do this) is that when I remove the slide, I pull the trigger, move slide back 1/10", push down slide lock, and as i push the slide forward, it catches the trigger and pushes the trigger forward, necessitating that i pull the trigger a second time to get out of the way and remove the slide. This is not the trigger being reset.

Thoughts?

This isn't the first time I've read about your problem. I have not read there is a remedy for it, in fact Glock hasn't acknowledged there is a problem...

I would never trust or own a gun for defense that has a problem like this. I hope you can resolve your problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thoughts?
    Honestly its hard to say, it isn't normal for sure. I would remove the fire controls and see if something isn't right. I would recommend letting an armorer check it out, or send it back to glock. My 5th Gens do no exhibit this behavior, and have been just like all my other glocks. There isn't a difference in the way the internals work compared to the earlier gen pistols, they have just been slightly redesigned. It should still work just like any other glock.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Call the factory and they will have you ship it back for repair at no cost. They will also throw in some cool knick-knacks, hat, shirt, mouse pad with their logo on it. You'll be happy for life.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Call the factory and they will have you ship it back for repair at no cost. They will also throw in some cool knick-knacks, hat, shirt, mouse pad with their logo on it. You'll be happy for life.
    It's going back to Glock. I am really hoping it's not a lemon. I had a late Gen 3 that I chased ejection and extraction issues for the longest time before giving up.

Feedback Score
    I had the same issue caused by me. The trigger spring was twisted, and not installed correctly.

I’d check that first as it’s an easy fix. Are you sure no one took it down at the shop before you got it? Could have been assembled wrong at the factory as well.

Also, a ny trigger requires the trigger to be held while moving the slide foreword since it’s stronger and pulls the striker sear up.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-13-17 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I had the same issue caused by me. The trigger spring was twisted, and not installed correctly.

I’d check that first as it’s an easy fix. Are you sure no one took it down at the shop before you got it? Could have been assembled wrong at the factory as well.
    I can’t be sure no one took it apart at the shop, but it wasn’t out or anything, just one in a pile of blue label boxes that arrived only a day earlier.

Any pic of the twist?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can’t be sure no one took it apart at the shop, but it wasn’t out or anything, just one in a pile of blue label boxes that arrived only a day earlier.

Any pic of the twist?
    Did it exhibit both symptoms I described?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast