Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 19 Trigger Issues

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I recall seeing this same issue posted on another forum. The trigger bar was not being properly captured/linked to the trigger return spring assembly. The poster wasn't sure if it came from Glock like that or if an employee at the shop may have disassembled the gun to look at the parts and just put it back together wrong. The problem apparently went away after installing it correctly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://flic.kr/p/21vnc1D
    Here's a link to a video with the issue, more than 10% failures

Feedback Score
    If this is a pic of your gun, the cruciform is not connected the the rest mechanism correctly. You should be able to see where it connects at the 6:00 tab of the cruciform in your picture.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    If this is a pic of your gun, the cruciform is not connected the the rest mechanism correctly. You should be able to see where it connects at the 6:00 tab of the cruciform in your picture.
    Can you elaborate? And this is a Gen 5, there are no "S" springs if that is what you are looking for (just for clarity sake)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    Can you elaborate? And this is a Gen 5, there are no "S" springs if that is what you are looking for (just for clarity sake)
    The trigger return spring isn't installed correctly. I highly doubt it left Glock like that, but I could be wrong. That, or someone at the gun shop disassembled your gun and didn't reassemble it correctly before you bought it.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    image.jpg

Take a look at this pic of the comparison between gens. The front tab of the gen 5 cruciform slips into a hook on the reset spring assembly. Yours is not installed properly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
    The trigger return spring isn't installed correctly. I highly doubt it left Glock like that, but I could be wrong. That, or someone at the gun shop disassembled your gun and didn't reassemble it correctly before you bought it.
    Well this was the case. I went ahead and just took it apart, I'm not familiar with Gen5s, so the issue was not obvious to me, but the little metal tab was not engaging with the trigger bar (what CIB was trying to tell me).
    Really frustrating that it came from the shop that way, I am sure there are plenty folks out there that will just load it and sit it next to the bed assuming it works....

Nice thing is that the trigger pull is a lot better now that it is put together correctly, I was starting to think I mis-remembered the shelf model I tried prior to ordering mine

Feedback Score
    A lot of the mechanics of the gen 5 are somewhat different than previous gens. The reset assembly being a big one. Unfourtunately there are a lot of "certified armorers" and the like out there pulling these guns apart. If they don't put them back together correctly, this is what can happen.

I'm not saying it didn't come from the factory that way, but it is highly unlikely. The Gen 5 guns ARE being shot at the factory. According to Glock, they are even "calibrating" the sights by installing the correct height rear sight for the individual guns point of impact.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 48626
    Here's a photo of my G43, which has a similarly configured trigger mechanism to the G19Gen5 for folks wanting to see yet another photo of what's going on.

I've also got a G19Gen5 here at home, but too busy to take a photo and edit-in a red circle right now.
    Last edited by L-2; 11-13-17 at 21:04.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast