Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round count logs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    How do you guys log round counts? I can’t keep track of what I wore or ate the day before, nevermind managing my bank account.

I’m not going to maintain an excel spreadsheet and notebooks get lost after the first range trip.
    101,500 rounds on my G21 until it was seized.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Type it into my phone on the range then transcript into those little log books.

Easy peasy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    101,500 rounds on my G21 until it was seized.
    Was seized, or seized?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Was seized, or seized?
    It was seized.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried once with a new sig550 i got a few years ago. It got really difficult/tedious after about six months so I just gave up and started estimating instead.

I buy cases of ammo at a time, and use the case (1000rounds) as an ambiguous way to estimate round counts. I separate my shooting and storage ammo which helps.

Some guys must be really anal retentive to have such accurate and meticulous round counts. ( no offense intended at all ). I'm anal/ocd about many things, but way too lazy to try and keep track of precise round counts. The difficulty in keeping accurate round counts I think gets increased when a person owns many firearms in the same caliber.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It was seized.
    By who and why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What's the purpose? I can see why with a precision rifle but for AR'S and pistols I don't see the value in keeping a log outside of my general estimation based on my shooting habits.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve gotten tired of excell spreadsheets or paper logging each range trip. So what I do now is buy a case of ammo and label it for the gun, even if I own other same caliber guns. If I lend or borrow a few mags to/from a buddy or another gun, I mark that on the side of the ammo case. Then I log the case when it’s spent.

Some of my guns I am to lazy to log anymore, and just deal with wear or breakage as it occurs.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-14-17 at 07:20. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    What's the purpose? I can see why with a precision rifle but for AR'S and pistols I don't see the value in keeping a log outside of my general estimation based on my shooting habits.

I like to know when it's near time for barrel replacement.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post

I’m inspired by Ned’s 1911 thread and want to keep a log for maintenance purposes similar to my car.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast