Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switzerland Police call on citizens to surrender weapons

Feedback Score
    when I was living in the bay islands local buddy of mine said how he bought a full auto ak and a few cases of ammo for a few limp (honduran money) from a Sandinista
    ran through the ammo after a few months and threw the gun into the ocean

just had fun with it and figured he did not need it

for sure people have dif views of guns than we do
    some its no dif than a shovel or a video game etc..
    Last edited by Honu; 11-16-17 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I think firearms become far more important when the human right is perpetually at risk of being unprotected. If we knew we could all get what we wanted and needed at any time by a trip to the store, we’d find these buy backs (or toss into the ocean) far less interesting. If East Berlin was buying back Charmin to destroy because it makes citizens too comfortable, suddenly YouTube would be lit up with the drama.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Wow.....just wow.
    I know, astonishing am I not?

First of all, I can't help Texas law.
    Thankfully.

I know people think it is some gun bastion but its not really compared to other places.
    So true, this place is horrid . . . stay far, far away.

I cannot speak to your foreign travel/ general life experiences . . .
    Are you so sure? I mean cause like your such an expert and all. Don't doubt yourself.

but I have been to Europe only guns (even like in general) were not really my main point of interest.
    OMG, really you've been to Europe?! So, so cool. I'll just ass-u-me you've actually been to Switzerland though I fail to see how college firefly doing in Europe what college aged people do qualifies you knowledgeable on this particular matter. But hey you do you.

If it bothers you that some guns you couldn't afford or own are getting destroyed then that is a personal problem. Several opportunities to have owned a SG 55x in the US.
    The struggle is real, as a gun geek every time a Stgw 57 or a SG 550 heads to the smelter a little piece of me dies inside. My shrink is trying to get me into one of those professional cuddling groups as a prescribed coping method, but I don't know. I think I'll just settle for repainting my walls in pastels for the time being, pray for me.

Equating guns with other implements is just asinine. But per that you do get carded buying machetes in certain locales.
    About that, you remember that FBI Uniform Crime Reporting data that you like to dismiss so often? Yeah well, their data shows more people are murdered in the US by blunt force instruments (baseball bats, tire irons, etc.) than big mean scary semi-automatic rifles. I've been calling for tighter restrictions and access to assault hammers and high capacity cricket bats but no one is listening.

Lessay what we'll call the Swiss ATF and our own ATF plus State Dept and Customs said all the STG 57s and SG 550s turned in can be resold in America. Do you, right now, Moose Knuckle have enough money laying about where such an opportunity would be relevant factoring in import costs etc?
    Regrettably I do not have the capital on hand to secure such a venture. If only I had all that money I sent those televangelists over the years.

Those guns are not cheap even in Switzerland.
    All the more reason why they should not be destroyed and or sit in some Swiss LE arms room. IMHO, those Swiss firearms (especially the ones handmade in the 1600-1700s) are works of art. Now lets see, I seem to remember another group in Europe not that long ago who liked to burn books, confiscate firearms, and lock away works of art. Their name escapes me at present but it's on the tip of my tongue.

If you want to be contrarian, fine. But you arent making much sense on this issue.
    So it makes sense to kowtow to an anti-gun program and relinquish one's very means to perform the sacred human right of self-defense? Because that is exactly what you've been doing in this thread.

So....I'm Audi 5000
    Sigh, if that was only true.

Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Firearms are one of the few solutions to certain types of danger and are never a danger in and of themselves to any more degree than anything else man has ever invented.
    Bingo bango.

And to add to that the whole reason why Swiss citizens are allowed to keep their service rifle after they have completed their obligation (or what ever the policy is as I'm not an expert on all things Swiss) is so that in the evet such a need arises the average citizen has the means not only to protect themselves but also the very nation itself. Sounds familiar does it not, kind of the whole point of our 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Call them what you want. Call them death machines. It doesn't change the factual data that those guns were not and had not been a danger to society as proved by the citizens through a decades long possession and accounting for them. Yet... the LEO took that data and concluded they were in fact a danger.

When you have 30 people for 30 years with 30 guns and they say nope, never shot anybody... it's impossible to conclude they are a danger to society provided all those 30 people are still living a similar day to day lifestyle free form any sudden adversarial societal change.
    I don't have the means nor expertise to unveil the curtain shrouding the global disarmament agenda, but I'd wager that with the UN and EU's stance on small-arms in the hands of useless eating plebs the Swiss government has been pressured to do something about all those pesky guns laying around for decades posing public health risks.

With the continuation of anti-weapon policies in Europe such as the UK's "Save A Life, Surrender Your Knife" program and now this shit out of Switzerland me thinks the sheeple there will regret their decisions as the latest islamic conquest of Europe intensifies.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123