Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Chroming a Shotty Bore

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hard Chroming a Shotty Bore

Can a shotgun bore be hardchromed if it did not come that way from the factory? If so, who does this and approx. how much would it cost?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    WHY?????

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    WHY?????
    Damn man...maybe Im seeking knowledge. Maybe I got a shotty or two or three Id like to have done. Maybe I aint got shit to do tonight and just felt like asking a ****ing question. WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHY?! If you dont know-obviously you dont- REFRAIN FROM ASKING WHY.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Can a shotgun bore be hardchromed if it did not come that way from the factory? If so, who does this and approx. how much would it cost?
    I think Briley can do that shotty chroming for you. Might call em and ask.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Damn man...maybe Im seeking knowledge. Maybe I got a shotty or two or three Id like to have done. Maybe I aint got shit to do tonight and just felt like asking a ****ing question. WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHY?! If you dont know-obviously you dont- REFRAIN FROM ASKING WHY.
    Maybe he was asking why to offer the best solution. There are many options to line barrels these days, hardchrome is probably the biggest waste of money for a shotgun.

It does matter why, that's why he asked, but you don't know what you don't know, so keep getting defensive and stay angry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like this place offers it

http://www.techplate.com/firearms_pl.htm

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Maybe he was asking why to offer the best solution. There are many options to line barrels these days, hardchrome is probably the biggest waste of money for a shotgun.

It does matter why, that's why he asked, but you don't know what you don't know, so keep getting defensive and stay angry.
    Love my Benelli SG's. Maybe it's the hard chrome bore that gets me 50 yard groups like these...

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Call and talk to Bob (Cogan), but have a comfortable chair, something to drink and a Robusto if you smoke cigars.
    You'll be on the phone for 40 minutes.

http://www.apwcogan.com/

AP&W does HC for a number of smith's and do good work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Had he asked why, then given the reason for asking, that would be one thing. To ask WHY, like Im an idiot or something- screw that noise. I did not ask for opinions on it, either. And as far as "I dont know what I dont know"... DO YOU? Does anybody? Thats as ignorant as just asking why without an explanation.
    To those of you who simply answered my question- thank you, Ill check those sources.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Straight shooter - if you are going to send them off for HC, it might be a good idea to have any chamber/forcing cone work done before hard chroming. I'm relatively sure the person doing the job would ask those questions before doing the work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast