G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Plates for civilian

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0

    Plates for civilian

    I remember when AR500 plates first came out and the main concern was spalling. Granted, this was a number of years ago and was curious if this is still a concern? Looking at these for plates to have in case something does happen (insert what if scenario)

    If these plates below are a no go, is there a plate for level III or III+ that you would wear? I have a Mayflower carrier. Thanks in advance.


    https://www.ar500armor.com/promotion...ody-armor.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    7,938
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Save up for ceramics. If you absolutely must have something right now, get soft armor.

    Steel plates are meme-tier.
    Millennial Hipster Club

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Save up for ceramics. If you absolutely must have something right now, get soft armor.

    Steel plates are meme-tier.
    Ceramics have to be xrayed I though to determine their integrity

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    7,938
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Buy from a legitimate supplier and it's a non issue.

    Cheap
    Good

    Pick one.
    Millennial Hipster Club

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Buy from a legitimate supplier and it's a non issue.

    Cheap
    Good

    Pick one.
    And a legitimate supplier would be?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    7,938
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    598
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Buy from a legitimate supplier and it's a non issue.

    Cheap
    Good

    Pick one.
    True story.

    Check out skdtac.com for some good deals on decent plates.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,848
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Also check out bulletproofme.com, good deals for all budgets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,696
    Feedback Score
    64 (100%)
    I hear Hesco plates a pretty decent, here's 2 vendors for those:

    http://www.lifeandlibertygear.com/ca...or/hard-armor/
    http://www.optactical.com/armor.html

    Also Tyr Tactical sells their own versions of plates.
    I like my guns like I like my women- smokin'!

    "...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

    <--- Self identifies as a multi-caliber ammosexual.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    425
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    I remember when AR500 plates first came out and the main concern was spalling. Granted, this was a number of years ago and was curious if this is still a concern? Looking at these for plates to have in case something does happen (insert what if scenario)

    If these plates below are a no go, is there a plate for level III or III+ that you would wear? I have a Mayflower carrier. Thanks in advance.


    https://www.ar500armor.com/promotion...ody-armor.html
    Obviously the HSLD crowd thinks steels are passť, I’m (LSHD user) of the thought process that if it’s what you have or best you can afford it’s better than nothing. I’m sure hauling 15lbs of armor all day for a civvie in a Carbine 101 is a pita and the operator level guys laugh, but not everyone has endless black budget to continually upgrade and have the best kit. Jmo!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •