Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Plates for civilian

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Building on Outlander, GTF, et al
    speaking from personal exp. If you feel like you "must" have armor...get soft armor. It resists pretty much all pistol calibers, concealable, lightweight, and super easy to slap on and off if the S magically HTF. Plus you can wear under clothes and not stand out if caught in a riot/civil unrest. That is NOT the time to be confused for Mil/LE

Plate Armor is for when you KNOW you might seriously be swapping rifle lead with people. Not a maybe or a "it MIGHT happen SOMEDAY" but like this is you, everyday, engaging active shooters.

Speed is key. A good chest rig or LBE will do way more than a PC that will sit up.

If you have money and just wanna keep protech or whoever in business; go ahead but like on my own time, I never said "Gee I need Plate Armor"

I get people wanna prepare for everything but like....to paraphrase and spin Gen. Forrest a bit "All else being equal. The Lightest with the Rightest wins"

A dude creeping with a go fast chest rig will always have initiative vs the guy turtled up in armor.

And again....if I saw a dude with a PC on, I am aiming pelvis and femur and anchoring him after creating distance.

But its your money

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got muzzle flagged at a carbine class by a goober in the class. At that particular moment I wished I had a plate carrier on.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Building on Outlander, GTF, et al
    speaking from personal exp. If you feel like you "must" have armor...get soft armor. It resists pretty much all pistol calibers, concealable, lightweight, and super easy to slap on and off if the S magically HTF. Plus you can wear under clothes and not stand out if caught in a riot/civil unrest. That is NOT the time to be confused for Mil/LE

Plate Armor is for when you KNOW you might seriously be swapping rifle lead with people. Not a maybe or a "it MIGHT happen SOMEDAY" but like this is you, everyday, engaging active shooters.

Speed is key. A good chest rig or LBE will do way more than a PC that will sit up.

If you have money and just wanna keep protech or whoever in business; go ahead but like on my own time, I never said "Gee I need Plate Armor"

I get people wanna prepare for everything but like....to paraphrase and spin Gen. Forrest a bit "All else being equal. The Lightest with the Rightest wins"

A dude creeping with a go fast chest rig will always have initiative vs the guy turtled up in armor.

And again....if I saw a dude with a PC on, I am aiming pelvis and femur and anchoring him after creating distance.

But its your money
    This is all solid gold info, and I totally agree that plates don't have any real use for the vast majority of situations.

That being said, however, I bought a set of very lightly used Velocity Systems Lvl4 ceramics in a BFG Plateminus for 2 reasons:
    1) I wanted them
    2) I could afford them

They're bulky, heavy, and honestly don't provide all that much coverage. I have absolutely no need or use for them aside from wanting them and being able to get them...So, they fall into the same category as almost all of my other firearms-related crap. :-)

At the end of the day, there are many better uses for $600+. I'm gonna hang on to the ones I have, but if I could hop in the wayback machine and do it over, I'd skip them and put that cash into bitcoin instead. ;-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    And a legitimate supplier would be?
    See my signature and send me an email/PM. Always take care of forum members. Armor/Helmets are my bread and butter. Highcom, Hesco, Tencate, have them all, and can special order anything from them. (not all the plates are online on my site)
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 11-20-17 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    See my signature and send me an email/PM. Always take care of forum members. Armor/Helmets are my bread and butter. Highcom, Hesco, Tencate, have them all, and can special order anything from them. (not all the plates are online on my site)
    Very nice, thanks for that..will be I’m touch for some gear shortly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am now a civilian and I bought LIV ceramic from bulletproofme.com

I am 100% satisfied.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I am now a civilian and I bought LIV ceramic from bulletproofme.com

I am 100% satisfied.
    What plate carrier are you using with it HK? We’ve had very similar tastes and I value your opinion/choices etc..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    What plate carrier are you using with it HK? We’ve had very similar tastes and I value your opinion/choices etc..
    I'm using a BlackHawk Strike plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    ESAPI's for $150 a set
    http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...n-plate-large/

Multicurve for $240 a set
    http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...-plates-large/

And remember kids, every time someone buys AR500 plates, Jesus kills a puppy.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    ESAPI's for $150 a set
    http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...n-plate-large/

Multicurve for $240 a set
    http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...-plates-large/

And remember kids, every time someone buys AR500 plates, Jesus kills a puppy.
    Awww, **** my wallet!!!
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast