Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which optic?

Feedback Score

Which optic?

Hello I am in the market for a new optic and have narrowed it down to either an aimpoint T2 or an eotech exps3-0. I already have a aimpoint H2 on my rifle and I know that the difference between H2 and T2 isn't much. I don't do water operations and if I had to swim, I sure as hell wouldn't be swimming more than 5 meters under. I also don't use NV, and if I did I would rather have an EO for it. So the main difference for me between the H2 and T2 is the temp rating difference which is -20F for the H2 and -40F for the T2 and 140F for the H2 and 160F for the T2. Is that a significant difference in temps for a SHTF rifle? Main questions to sum it up is T2 vs H2 and then out of those vs the Eotech. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    If you’ve narrowed it down to temperature specifications being the only difference separating one optic from the other, then all that really matters is the climate where you intend to use it.

If I’m understanding you correctly, though, you already have an H1 on the rifle. Will the new optic be for a new rifle or is this a replacement for the H2? If you’re just replacing the H2, then don’t. You aren’t gaining enough for the money spent for it to be justified.

If this is for a new rifle, then all things being equal, I’d get the T2 just because I have a T1 and I love it.

Just out of curiosity, what’s the battery life on the EoTech? When I chose my T1 over an EoTech that was the main reason why I went with the Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    I prefer the eotech reticle over the single aim point dot.

Feedback Score
    Which reticle do you like more?

Feedback Score
    The H2 is on my SHTF rifle but I am moving it to my HD rifle so I am getting a new red dot for the SHTF rifle. I would be getting a T2 over the H2 I was just wondering if the temp difference was a big deal being in the south. The EOtech has a battery life of 600 hours and the T2 is 50000 hours. However I like the EOtech dot better and the minimal parallax shift but like the battery life of the T2. I could leave the H2 on the SHTF and put an eotech on the HD rifle. That’s why I am torn because I don’t know if a T2 would be better on a SHTF over an H2.

Feedback Score
    Many of our choices in gear are ultimately subjective opinion. Your specs on operating temperature ranges would most likely impact your use on the lower range only, as the only probable way the optic would see the maximum temperature range of the H2 is if left in a vehicle during hot weather. Considering your focus on SHTF as a determining factor, 140F is a possibility, albeit seemingly unlikely.

I believe the Aimpoint is a better choice than the Eotech because there is a 99.988% probability that the Aimpoint will function flawlessly, especially when you really need it. If you like the Eotech primarily due to the much larger field of view, I suggest you consider the Meprolight Mepro PRO (Mil-Spec M5 version). I have several of them and they are excellent.
    “All the people constitute the militia – according to the Founding Fathers. Therefore every able-bodied man has a duty under the Constitution to become part of the ‘well-regulated’ militia, specifically to understand and perform well with the individual weapon currently issued to the regular establishment …. Thus one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen.”

Colonel Jeff Cooper, USMC May 10th, 1920 - September 25th, 2006 WWII Korea

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a T-2 and just had an EOtech delivered minutes ago. Now I have both. As nice as the T-2 is, I seen no reason in having two, hence the EOtech choice. Maybe I'm still giddy but the reticle is really cool and the field of view is everything people say.

Next purchase will be an LPV scope.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. Could you imagine if EOtech came out with one that was close to the aimpoint pro? EOtech with 3 year battery life I would be writing a lot of checks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The whole battery thing is blown out of proportion. We have spares for everything important in our lives. How difficult is it to buy a bunch of CR123 batteries and throw a few in your stock, grips, range bag, glove box, desk drawer, dresser drawer, shower, garage, safe, wherever. Is it really a problem? The optic flashes when it has 2-5 hours life remaining. Lithium batteries perform normally until dead so there is no degradation in performance.

Aimpoint batteries die too. If you obsess over batteries, you'll most likely over-change the batteries in your Aimpoint, you know, just to be safe, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Yeah. Could you imagine if EOtech came out with one that was close to the aimpoint pro? EOtech with 3 year battery life I would be writing a lot of checks.

Feedback Score
    I see where you are coming from and like I said its not a huge issue for the eotech with spares but it is nice to know that your optic can be left on for years ready to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast