• Other

47 31.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best AR15 Trigger

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Aside from the flat rigger can you really tell the difference between the SSA and SD-E? I know first stage, second stage and overall are lighter on the SD-E, but from using them both can you really tell the difference?
    The SSA-E and SD-E are noticeably lighter than the SSA and SD-C. I use the E triggers on precision guns and the SSA and SD-C on most everything else.

I have multiple SSA and SD-C's, SSA-E on a SPR, SD-E on a Recce, SD3G on a fun gun, Larue MBT, POF 4.5lb, POF 3.5lb Flat, ALG ACT, BCM PNT, others I have forgotten, and old school Armalite 2 stage and Accuracy Speaks triggers. I have been an AR trigger dork for 25 years and feel the E is a bit light and better suited for precision work.

As always it's all about your skills and mission. The E's feel great but are too light to me for fast transition work. The standard Geissele's are perfect for general use. I prefer the flat triggers as I feel their activation time is faster without changing the pull weight.

Hope this helps.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    So I'm not certain there is one purely best trigger for the AR but I do believe that there are triggers that are the best for certain categories.
    The best [anything] is the one that best meets the requirements.

Except the SD3G. That is a garbage trigger.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Except the SD3G. That is a garbage trigger.
    Please explain.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Please explain.
    SO smushy. No real discernible break, just rolls and rolls and rolls into a weird sponge of a trigger pull with no characteristics I find redeeming. There are other Geissele products that are as fast with more net positive characteristics outside of super fast mag dumps. Perhaps a SME will come along and educate us, but I hate the SD-3G.

EDIT: The SD-E for instance does everything the SD-3G does, but better and without fake single stage stupidity. If you want a fast single stage that is also robust, Geissele doesn't exactly have that right now and this is a market where there are tons of other options. My choice for a fast single stage would be a Hiperfire of some kind, but I also own a variety of Geissele triggers in the rest of rifles (multiple ARs and SCARs) and have played with their Tavor trigger as well which is exquisite.
    Last edited by OrbitalE; 11-15-17 at 02:22.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Interesting observation, and not what was I was expecting. I have the S3G and SD3G both...not currently using the SD3G as I find it a little light and "rolling" when trying to get accurate shots and longer distances. I like the S3G with the 4.5# spring, though it still rolls a bit too. SSA is still the go to trigger for me though. I have an SD-C but I haven't warmed to it like the SSA. I will say, its great that we have this "problem" of all these different triggers to choose from!
    Last edited by nightchief; 11-15-17 at 02:35. Reason: proper use of the English language

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    These S3G descriptions are ridiculous. The S3G feels exactly like a SSA with a slightly higher pull weight, but long before you get to the wall (2nd stage), the hammer falls. That's it. I understand some may not like it and casually pull thru the 1st stage on a SSA. It's forgiving because there is a 2nd stage, whereas the S3G is not.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Geissele Super Tricon

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Geissele Super Tricon
    I haven't tried that one. If you can compare it to the pull on any of the other triggers mentioned above, what's the difference?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I haven't tried that one. If you can compare it to the pull on any of the other triggers mentioned above, what's the difference?
    It's essentially an SSA with a hybrid, serrated Bow. And stainless springs. I've had all the different Geissele's, and it's definitely my favorite.

https://geissele.com/super-tricon-trigger.html
    Last edited by HD1911; 11-15-17 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Geissele Super Tricon
    This will probably the next G trigger I buy.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast