• AR Gold

2 1.32%
  • Other

47 31.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best AR15 Trigger

Feedback Score
    The person in the OP video does not know what trigger creep is. Creep is the distance the trigger travels before it breaks (releases). It's not a qualitative term.

Feedback Score
    Nobody will get to the bottom line on "the best trigger". Something that hasn't been mentioned is different people are more sensitive in their fingers some are not.

Many years back I owned a Wilson combat 1911, for the ones that know it had a wonderful target trigger. Anyway I was shooting it and a fellow next to me noticed my gun. So I let him shoot it, he thought it was nice, so I asked him what he thought of the trigger. So he shot it again then he shot his stock Colt, then shot my Wilson again, he said he didn't think there was any difference, so I took his Colt and shot it and it wasn't a bad trigger but "no where close to the Wilson trigger" believe me not close. So there is no telling what different people feel in their fingers when shooting different guns. So that's why I don't think you'll ever get to what's the best.

Feedback Score
    I putt thread together and I do not think there is an end all be all trigger. I think there are ones that fit a certain role better than others but I think triggers like scopes are super subjective. Some scopes do certain things better than others and others are similar but have a small difference that divide people.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The SSA-E and SD-E are noticeably lighter than the SSA and SD-C. I use the E triggers on precision guns and the SSA and SD-C on most everything else.
    Dennis.
    Saved me a buttload of typing - because that logic is sound, and exactly how I roll. Recce/SPR get the SSA-E's, everything else is on an SSA.

There is no universal 'best', but 'more than adequate, and worth the cost' is the benchmark.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Agree. When i think of "best AR trigger" I first thing, "well what's the application?"

Best DMR/SPR:

Single Stage: Timney
    2 Stage: SSA-E

Best HD/SD/CQC:

Single Stage: Hiperfire EDT2 (or ALG ACT)
    2 Stage: LaRue MBT-2S (I did a lot of testing between an SSA and MBT-2S. In the end I just preferred the MBT over the SSA. I preferred how the MBT broke over the SSA. And there is that Texas thing, which doesn't drive first factor, but all things being equal, I will buy local.

Best budget: ALG ACT or the EDT2, I've gotten the ACT as low as $52 and teh EDT2 for $69. Of the two, I prefer the EDT.

I like CMC and I own CMC triggers, but I find the 3.5 a little too light for what I want in a CQ/HD type AR, you know, getting banged around, worn with gear etc. I like a stiffer weight of the EDT.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    How is the hiperfire compared to the alg? I've tried hiper fire 3gun triggers because I know some guys sponsored by them.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    How is the hiperfire compared to the alg? I've tried hiper fire 3gun triggers because I know some guys sponsored by them.
    I believe the Hiperfire has the edge. They do incorporate some of their improvements from their 24 series comp triggers. I believe the same hammer as their 24 series 3 gun trigger is used in the EDT line. I did my own testing with the EDT2, my CMC flat and an ACT, and I just felt in my finger that the EDT was cleaner, better reset and it wasn’t a coating, but the machining. But I’ll be the first to admit that my test wasn’t scientific it was 3 of my AR’s with the triggers mentioned and running mags in different drills and also just laying prone, firing 5 rounds in one, the 5 in the other etc. then 10 rounds etc. etc.
    But what edged the EDT2 over my CMC was more about me being super comfortable with the pull weight. It wasn’t 6+ mil spec lbs and it wasn’t the lighter 3.5. It was a happy medium between the two. If I were completely fair I would have tried a CMC 4.5, but since it met my needs, and was about $50-60 cheaper so I felt no need to buy another more expensive CMC just to test.
    One thing that may interest you is that the EDT3 has a flat section at the very end of the trigger bow. You mentioned in your review that you like being able to slide your finger along the flat mil spec trigger guard. This flat section of the trigger bow on the EDT3 would accommodate you. That’s the delta between EDT2 and EDT3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Has any one tried the over sized pins offered by KNS? They are not very expensive but improve the feel the stock parts kit .

Feedback Score
    I have not tried those but I enjoy KNS anti rotation pins.

Feedback Score
    You guys are Very Blessed to have SO Much experience between quite a few different triggers!

I've only shot 1 after market trigger in my AR, I love it, POF Straight trigger, has so little take up it is just Amazing! The Reset is even More Amazing, has a very Clean break too.

Funny thing is I can relate to JimJC 100%, My Caspian 1911 has a Beautiful trigger right at 3lbs and just a super sweet everything, I've had acouple guys shoot it and they thought my stock COLT was just as good, NOPE it is Not.... I've had 1 guy a Bulls Eye shooter recognize how Good it really IS, his first question after putting 2 round down range was, Who worked your trigger? LOL

Here's something I thought I'd share because for what they are, CHEAP Too, definitely seems worth a try...?

Peace Jeff

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...7cMake_3=AR-15

and

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...AR-15&psize=96

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast