2 1.32%
  • Other

47 31.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best AR15 Trigger

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As others have stated, best depends on the application. For me best overall is a Geissele SSA, so "other". For precision I prefer SSA-E. The SSA triggers use full power hammer springs for reliable ignition with hard (less sensitive) primers.

Feedback Score
    We need data not conjecture.

Right now the best data set we have of quality triggers is Jeremy S "Drop in Trigger Roundup" hosted on www.thetruthaboutguns.com

He compared many triggers based on measurable data *and* subjective feel. Its a fantastic article and I wish he could continue to test triggers with his dvorak trigger scan and catalogue the data on a running basis.

Of note is something quite interesting... The well regarded SD3G trigger would have ranked 12th when compared to the other triggers tested via the tested parameters.

That said I base my purchases off that data set as it helps me move past the subjective and into the measurable precision of each trigger group.

Also consider that lower receivers may play a part in some trigger groups feel. An out of spec lower with bad trigger pin spacing or trigger pin holes that are too large of a diameter may introduce play and slop into a trigger pull that further reduces the "feel" of the trigger.

I just purhcased a rise armament trigger based off that guide and got it for $89.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Generally curious.

Who here is having legitimate problems with USGI triggers?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Generally curious.

Who here is having legitimate problems with USGI triggers?
    Does "legitimate problems" include less than precise trigger control?

Feedback Score

Best AR15 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Does "legitimate problems" include less than precise trigger control?
    Read through all 6 pages of best trigger for AR's. Seems to me everyone is approaching this from a competition perspective and that is fine. I have always admired your skill and drive. Many of us do not compete and are happy with shooting targets and plinking or hunting. We might prefer a better trigger than what a lot of AR's come from the factory with. That does not require the higher standards of competition triggers, just lighter, smoother, and free of creep. My choice for that type of trigger for the money and quality is a Velocity 3lb. trigger with curved face.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    There are a lot of nice triggers out their for all types of uses. Because of its design it is easier to remove a blown primer or other obstruction in the lower compared to some other brand drop in triggers. I use this trigger on both my RDS carbine and on my 1-6x scoped recce type rifle. It cost a lot and it isn't the best value price wise, but *for me* it is best I have ever tried and exactly what I want in a trigger for combat.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical...TR%2DTTU%2DH2/
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-24-17 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KS25-06 View Post
    Seems to me everyone is approaching this from a competition perspective and that is fine.
    My decision to use the Geissele is reliability. Not adjustable at 4.5lb or 3.5lb depending on flavor, so no point of failure there. Secondary sear shelf to catch the hammer if primary sear somehow lets the hammer drop or is sheared off. Finest quality of material and machining practices for a long service life. I experienced a rolling 1st stage take-up with my first SSA, sent it back and they shipped me a new one.
    The SSA is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Law Enforcement use, Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work.

Feedback Score
    My insignificant vote..... Larue MBT

Have them in all of my AR's

Feedback Score
    I have G triggers in nearly all of my rifles. SSA, SSA-E, SD-E, and an ALG ACT in another. On a whim, I picked up a Larue MBT during a sale last year.

Color me impressed with the MBT. I can’t go so far as to say that is is flatly superior to the SSA-E or SD-E, but it is easily on par. The break feels different. I think it had a slightly heavier take up and a lighter “wall.” The trigger bow feels wider, but not in a bad way- just different than I’m accustomed to.

For what you can get the MBT for if you choose the “I can wait” option, it’s a hell of a nice trigger.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I have G triggers in nearly all of my rifles. SSA, SSA-E, SD-E, and an ALG ACT in another. On a whim, I picked up a Larue MBT during a sale last year.

Color me impressed with the MBT. I can’t go so far as to say that is is flatly superior to the SSA-E or SD-E, but it is easily on par. The break feels different. I think it had a slightly heavier take up and a lighter “wall.” The trigger bow feels wider, but not in a bad way- just different than I’m accustomed to.

For what you can get the MBT for if you choose the “I can wait” option, it’s a hell of a nice trigger.
    I did a side-by-side compare of the MBT-2S and an SD-E which is the flat version of the SSA (It’s all I had access to at the moment)
    I found after expending a lot of ammo that the MBT broke slightly-slightly cleaner than the Geissele, but that the SD-E has a slight-slight edge on reset. But as I’ve said, my tests were not by a Timney trigger gauge but my my right and left finger. I shot both strong and weak to try and validate what my finger was telling. Lol very scientific I know.
    That LaRue trigger is $99 bucks right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast