• Other

47 31.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Best AR15 Trigger

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    What an experience to have trained with the Jedi Master himself. That’s got to be a good memory.
    I ran the SSA-E without any issue for the rest of the day. I’ve tried more than a few triggers it seems and I’m pretty close to getting an SOP established, but not there yet. Through my course of experimenting with different triggers, I’ve decided that I do like a good 2 stage in a precision gun. I like the preparatory stage 1. Kind of like a preparatory command and then the command of execution. That said I still have a single stage Timney in my DMR (7.62) and man is that a nice trigger. I’m slowly migrating to Hiperfire EDT2’s in my SBR’s and non-precision AR’s. It’s a solid trigger that breaks around 4-4.5 which to me is a pretty nice sweet spot, it’s really a pretty decent trigger. Yet I still have a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S in my 12” SBR, but it’s probably just a matter of time.
    Have you got your hands on LaRue’s 2 stage? That thing is super close to an SSA, and price wise, very competitive. Did Pat run an aftermarket trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was fortunate enugh to take 4 classes from him. He always said he preferred a well broken in GI spec trigger. I got very used to the SSA in my carbines and the 2 stage was very fast and smooth. I tried a 3 gun but did not like it at all, more than likely because my background is .mil and LEO. I installed a Larue in a friends rifle and liked it. That sample of one seemed kind of between the SSA and SSA-E and if I wasn't so invested in SSA's and SSA-E's I would buy a few. I agree with the 2 stage for the SPR or precision type rifles. One of the most challening carbine classes I took was in TX from Jeff Gonzales with Triton Concepts. FWIW he runs a Giesselle of his own specs. If you're so inclined and interested in those things his classes are very good.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    One of the most challening carbine classes I took was in TX from Jeff Gonzales with Triton Concepts. FWIW he runs a Giesselle of his own specs. If you're so inclined and interested in those things his classes are very good.
    I will look him up. Taking some carbine courses is definitely on my agenda of things to do this coming year. Appreciate the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wilson TTU Standard 4lb.

2nd place Rise Armament RA-140.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hyperfire's line of triggers are definitely worth checking out....all grades!

Feedback Score
    I know a lot of people love them in 3gun but I almost find them too light. The shoe is kind of neat but you have to have that rubber shoe.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789