Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I be replacing here.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

What should I be replacing here.

I beseech you oh great hive mind. Help me fix what I know is a sub par gun.

I picked up this .300 Blackout "pistol" for a deal I couldn't refuse. Manufacturer (assembler) is Civilian Force Arms. Veteran owned and all that.

However I know at least some of it is less than Idea, and that is just something I can't abide.

Things that seem fine, but correct me if I am wrong:

• Upper and lower: Meh, they are an upper and lower. Really cool rollmark for what it matters, they fit too tight but I can fix that.
    • Bolt: Not sure of make, however it is marked MPI. Staking on the carrier is ok but not great. May be ok. May not. Is this as big of a deal as with 5.56?
    • Furniture: Pistol brace is the one I usually use. Works well. Replaced grip with a BCM.
    • Trigger: Velocity drop in. Once again my personal favorite for the money.
    • Sights: ARMS plastic Flip up. Not the best but will work fine.

Now for the questionable or bad.

• Barrel: Complete unknown. Only marked .300 Blackout and the twist which is 1/8. It is 10.5 inches with a standard 5/8x24 threaded end.
    • Rail: Complete shit show. Appears to be a UTG pro rail. This shit needs to be pulled off and crushed in a large hydraulic press. Not that it would take much to crush I am sure.

So a little help here. No real experience with .300 BLK so I am not as sure what to worry about and what is acceptable.

Also anyone know this forge mark on the upper?

Attachment 48659

Attachment 48660

Attachment 48661

Attachment 48662
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

How does it perform? How does the barrel look? Does it have a round count? It’s a 300BLK with a 10.5 inch barrel so expectations are set accordingly, but how does it perform at 25 m? 50m? Personally I would be more curious as to the function/performance of the weapon and base any changes on that rather than replacing parts that I can’t necessarily identify. Because if stuff isn’t broken, aside from the rail you don’t like, maybe the only thing you need to change right now are magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    How does it perform? How does the barrel look? Does it have a round count? It’s a 300BLK with a 10.5 inch barrel so expectations are set accordingly, but how does it perform at 25 m? 50m? Personally I would be more curious as to the function/performance of the weapon and base any changes on that rather than replacing parts that I can’t necessarily identify. Because if stuff isn’t broken, aside from the rail you don’t like, maybe the only thing you need to change right now are magazines.

I have not shot it yet. I brought it home tonight and wanted input on the parts. I will be testing it in the next couple days.

It is a new gun so no rounds through it yet by anyone.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I have not shot it yet. I brought it home tonight and wanted input on the parts. I will be testing it in the next couple days.

It is a new gun so no rounds through it yet by anyone.
    I haven’t been a big fan of UTG Pro, never owned any of their stuff, but some guys on here say the pro line is solid. But honestly I’d wait and see how it runs, address any issues there if any, and then move on to the furniture. Your bcg isn’t the best staked carrier I’ve seen, but it isn’t the worst either. It’s just hard to pass judgment when when you haven’t got a baseline in performance.

Your upper forging mark is for Mueller Industries. Not too familiar but I know they do Bear Creek Arsenal’s uppers, and based on price point, those seem to be on the low end of the totem pole, at least in price, but I have never owned one to confirm either way. Have you tried to marry it up to a known quality lower?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Thanks for the info. Guess I should follow my own rule and just shoot it.

As stupid as this sounds I am just not used to buying something I don't know 100% so that makes me start questioning things and probably overthinking.

I have actually heard a couple people say the UTG Pro rail is ok. Not sure myself yet but I will abuse it and see what happens. Worst case I destroy it and throw a KMR on there.

Feedback Score
    There's a special satisfaction that comes from taking a risk on a cheap gun and finding out that, against all odds, it runs like a top.

Take it out, shoot it a lot, evaluate it objectively and decide then when and if it needs improving.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP did you shoot it yet?
    I hate to be the asshole, but a no name brand with UTG stuff I'd say replace everything. That has partly to do with no idea on specs on barrel, and having a friend with a UTG rail which had shit flying off that thing under recoil. Didn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

The optimist in me, you know that small, abuse, tortured, and caged bastard, says go shoot it and see what needs to be changed out.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Guess I should have gotten back to this sooner. I finally got a chance to shoot it last night actually. However before I did that I detail stripped it down as far as humanly possible. Nothing I saw convened me, but of course we all know that many of the problems that arise in a weapon are not visible to the naked eye or detectable by a set of calipers.

I only put around 150 rounds through it since I don't have too much BLK ammo currently. Roughly half was sub sonic and half was super sonic, most were shot suppressed. No issues out of the gun but this isn't near enough rounds to make any solid judgement on. The range was only 25 yards so I couldn't do any real accuracy testing but I was getting one rough hole at that range.

So for now I am fairly happy with it. Especially for the money. However will probably still replace the barrel at some point. I would like something shorter and I don't trust a barrel I can't identify at all. From what digging I have done I believe it may be an Anderson. So I will probably pick up something better in the coming months.

Anyone know what CH this is?

Last edited by kwelz; 11-22-17 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post

Anyone know what CH this is?

Atibal Beatenzone UCH

https://www.atibalsights.com/product...ant=5621587649

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 11-22-17 at 22:32.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I mean it’s not a crappy craptastic CH. made with good ‘luminim. Has oversized roll pin .
    However fails to address the CH blowing out the ass-end issue .
    If you like it I say use it until you don’t like it.at $30ish bucks it’s competitive with more popular brands. That must mean it’s gtg. Lol

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast