Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Passed: tracking device in medication

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Bill Passed: tracking device in medication

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-ap...153230738.html

In short, there is medication that has a tracking device that notifies your doctor or caregiver if you have taken your medication. The pill, called Abilify MyCite (aripiprazole tablets with sensor), is designed for patients with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression, according to the US Food and Drug Administration. Some people are coming to the collusion of "big brother overwatch" or pharmaceutical companies are subjecting us or forcing us to use there products. Either way, give a schizophrenic a pill with a tracking device- that should go over pretty well. What do you think? We are over here worried about our guns and shit like this happens. In your opinion: do you think it stop here with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression? Or do tracking devices get included in other medication down the road?

Feedback Score
    water 1 degree warmer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What do I think?

I think Orwell, Bradbury, Huxley, Rand, et al. were right.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does it track or does it simply state if the pill was used

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How are the patients with schizophrenia going to react to this?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    How are the patients with schizophrenia going to react to this?
    They are trying to get an opinion from those patients with multiple personalities, so far none of them can come to an agreement.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    On the website of the company who makes the sensor technology (Proteus Digital Health) and read that the sensor can track whether the medication has been taken and also on activity levels. Basically they ingest the pill and the sensor (grain of rice sized) and the pill interacts with a patch that the patient wears, which interacts with an app on the patients smartphone. The doc or caregiver then views this information on a web portal.
    They said there is also self-entered mood reporting but dees not indicate that part is automated.
    Being a technology guy I’d say that usually there is more functionality to the sensor in the pill, they just haven’t turned it on, but that’s just my best guess. As is today the pill tracks whether you’ve taken your medication or not and what your activity levels are, apparently over time.

But it’s not too a far stretch to consider there is some geo-location type functionality. Also maybe there is also some functionality to automate mood reporting. But at this point none of that if existing has been approved by the FDA.

They could go all kinds of places with this tech, and I imagine in their R&D labs they have been looking at more advanced functions.

Imagine a “kill switch” that can the activated once a person commits a particular crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's only going to get worse until we all have sensors implanted in us at birth.

I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    On the website of the company who makes the sensor technology (Proteus Digital Health) and read that the sensor can track whether the medication has been taken and also on activity levels. Basically they ingest the pill and the sensor (grain of rice sized) and the pill interacts with a patch that the patient wears, which interacts with an app on the patients smartphone. The doc or caregiver then views this information on a web portal.
    They said there is also self-entered mood reporting but dees not indicate that part is automated.
    Being a technology guy I’d say that usually there is more functionality to the sensor in the pill, they just haven’t turned it on, but that’s just my best guess. As is today the pill tracks whether you’ve taken your medication or not and what your activity levels are, apparently over time.

But it’s not too a far stretch to consider there is some geo-location type functionality. Also maybe there is also some functionality to automate mood reporting. But at this point none of that if existing has been approved by the FDA.

They could go all kinds of places with this tech, and I imagine in their R&D labs they have been looking at more advanced functions.

Imagine a “kill switch” that can the activated once a person commits a particular crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it linked to a smart phone then they basically can track you as long as the phone is functioning.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    They are trying to get an opinion from those patients with multiple personalities, so far none of them can come to an agreement.
    Schizophrenics do not have multiple personality disorder.

This is not new; at least the technology isn't new. For some populations is would be helpful.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast