Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: palmetto phosphate 4150v barrels

Feedback Score
    If they do one run and portion parts according to tolorance, they are non - conformant to ‘A’ spec. They may not have a chance to reject them, but they are out of spec for that customer. If customer b didn’t exist, the parts would be scrap, or go to another company.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If they do one run and portion parts according to tolorance, they are non - conformant to ‘A’ spec. They may not have a chance to reject them, but they are out of spec for that customer. If customer b didn’t exist, the parts would be scrap, or go to another company.
    My point being, in the case of FN, after you think about it, do you really think if they are manufacturing to meet spec 'A' they would generate enough out of spec parts to supply PSA? If so, they need to reexamine their processes.

Wouldn't it be more likely that overruns are discounted, or that since they have the tooling set up they use the tools to fulfill other contracts?

Feedback Score
    PSA, is g2g. Try to steer clear of their ptac line.
    Their premium parts are g2g. I wouldn't run one in full auto for Thousands of rounds though.
    2-3 moa at 100 yards, is just fine for most situations. The fact is, they will still be more accurate then your average shooter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El R15 View Post
    Their premium parts are g2g. I wouldn't run one in full auto for Thousands of rounds though.
    Have you read anything about Battlefield Las Vegas?

From Battlefield Las Vegas on renting short (16" run much smoother) barreled FULL AUTO PSA uppers:

"I've had quite a few PM's asking about the status of the Palmetto State Armory uppers. We have been running 5.56mm uppers with CHF and nitride 10.5", 11.5" and 12" barrel lengths as well as the 10.5" melonite 9mm uppers.

I never purchased melonite or nitrided uppers prior to these PSA units (that I know of) and was actually more concerned about physical appearance to be honest. I know that even the cheapest barrels have lasted 10's of thousands of rounds with no issue but I wasn't sure how well the finish would hold up with all the cleaning and handling.

As I've stated before, physical appearance is almost as important and functionality because customers who've never handled firearms before don't have much confidence in an ugly but reliable weapon.

All three of the different types of uppers have held up with no issues or reliability of finish. These uppers in particular are getting used more than the others at this point because we put so many on the line.

Of course, they are worried about minute of watermelon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    My point being, in the case of FN, after you think about it, do you really think if they are manufacturing to meet spec 'A' they would generate enough out of spec parts to supply PSA? If so, they need to reexamine their processes.

Wouldn't it be more likely that overruns are discounted, or that since they have the tooling set up they use the tools to fulfill other contracts?
    I have no idea what FNs capability is, or the financials or cpk’s. What I do know, is that my company has a similar situation, and everything is made to A’s spec. Any fallout is sent to B only, where everything else can go to either company.

So company B gets a lot of material better-than-spec, but they also receive the occasional piece that is out of As acceptance range.

Is this how FN works? I don’t think anyone really knows, but it’s possible. All I’m saying is it’s possible. People are putting some bold statements out there without any proof.

You can also control your process to hit a certain percentage out of As spec to balance in-spec for A, in spec for B and maximize production- which is where we are headed. It’s all statistics.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-19-17 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Have you read anything about Battlefield Las Vegas?
    I read somwhere, that They had begun running psa's. I had not read about the results.

However, my comment about running fullauto for Thousands of rounds, was towards their premium barrels. Not the chf.

I own 4 or 5 psa barrels, no issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no idea what FNs capability is, or the financials or cpk’s. What I do know, is that my company has a similar situation, and everything is made to A’s spec. Any fallout is sent to B only, where everything else can go to either company.

So company B gets a lot of material better-than-spec, but they also receive the occasional piece that is out of As acceptance range.

Is this how FN works? I don’t think anyone really knows, but it’s possible. All I’m saying is it’s possible. People are putting some bold statements out there without any proof.

You can also control your process to hit a certain percentage out of As spec to balance in-spec for A, in spec for B and maximize production- which is where we are headed. It’s all statistics.
    Thanks for the example. Makes perfect sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People are putting some bold statements out there without any proof.
    This is really the bottom line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If a company sells the rejects of another company....
    Actually, I think you need to provide proof of this accusation.

Feedback Score
    If I go with PSA i only am interested in their nitride offerings or if a good deal CHF.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast