Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: palmetto phosphate 4150v barrels

Feedback Score
    I got a 16” mid length freedom upper from them that is melonite coated.

I don’t have much more than 6k rounds though it but it runs great and handles a wide selection of ammo with no issues. It’s also more accurate than I am.

I also never clean the thing. Run a bore shake through it and the barrel looks great inside. Won’t know long term till I put much more ammo through it.

I understand getting high end stuff if you’re running full auto or if you’re shooting lot. I’d like a nice noveske barrel but the PSA is great for now having fun and plinking and even being very accurate.

Only thing I’ve had bad from PSA is a nickel boron treated BCG. Even that wasn’t a catastrophic failure. The coating flakes off but still runs just fine.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My expirience with PSA barrels is limited to a premium 16" M4 upper (FN button rifled, chrome lined, 4150 and phosphate, with a FSB). The barrel shoots well but is overgassed. I have no way to measure the gas port, but installing a .060 BRT custom tune gas port calmed it down nicely.

I'm not unhappy with the barrel, but I think there are better barrels for your (and my) money.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-05-17 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El R15 View Post
    I read somwhere, that They had begun running psa's. I had not read about the results.

However, my comment about running fullauto for Thousands of rounds, was towards their premium barrels. Not the chf.

I own 4 or 5 psa barrels, no issues.
    Likewise for me, as I have owned several of their premium barrels. I have run thousands of rounds through these barrels via Surefire with no issues! Some say that there crap, but then again, I have heard issues about many barrels having quality issues at one time or another!.
    Last edited by zebra20zebra20; 12-05-17 at 17:42.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456