Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steyr M9-A1 with InForce APLc

Feedback Score
    I love mine, I just have to adjust my draw a bit because the grip angle for me makes me aim high. I think it had the best factory trigger on the market

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Steyr is running a $50 rebate on these pistols thru December, making it a good a time as any to get one... Mags are around $33 each, so I guess factor that in if you need a stockpile of 'em. It was not a huge deal for me after owning H&K and Walther pistols.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought one of the M9A1's from CDNN which came as a good deal for about $350. It seemed very solid and was very ergonomic. They do tend to feel like magic in the hand. However, mine had a bad case of "variable trigger" - it had about three modes. One that broke clean. Another that had plenty of creep, and another just a little creep. It just didn't feel right. I ended up breaking two strikers, so I ditched it. I understand that the trigger QC is way up, and these are likely decent guns. The market is SO crowded with great plastic guns right now it is amazing. Steyr, CZ, HK, SIG, MP 2.0, on and on. People will look back on this as the golden age of high cap 9mms.
    Last edited by m4brian; 11-18-17 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I bought one of the M9A1's from CDNN which came as a good deal for about $350. It seemed very solid and was very ergonomic. They do tend to feel like magic in the hand. However, mine had a bad case of "variable trigger" - it had about three modes. One that broke clean. Another that had plenty of creep, and another just a little creep. It just didn't feel right. I ended up breaking two strikers, so I ditched it. I understand that the trigger QC is way up, and these are likely decent guns. The market is SO crowded with great plastic guns right now it is amazing. Steyr, CZ, HK, SIG, MP 2.0, on and on. People will look back on this as the golden age of high cap 9mms.
    Wow. That’s the first I’ve heard of anyone breaking strikers. Mind if I ask, where did they break? Any idea what caused it, or approximately how many rounds through it? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They broke at the base of the tip. It was from dry firing and trying to break it in. Likely several hundred dry fires, but that was a while ago.

Feedback Score
    I have three Steyr M series pistols. The first is a 1st generation M40. It was unreliable from the start with failures to feed and eject. I sent it back to their then current service center, but that didn’t help. I read online about some having a piece in the extractor area installed upside down. I checked mine and the part was installed upside down. I reinstalled it properly and that fixed the failure to eject problem. However, I still had the failure to feed problem. Meanwhile, the ‘94 AWB van expired, so I bought a couple of proper full capacity magazines. The pistol fed 100% using them. Turns out the mag springs were the exact same even though the 10rd mag was compressed over a shorter distance. The result was that the 10rd mags were pressing the cartridges on the underside of the slide too hard. Since I fixed both issues, the pistol has been 100%.

My 2nd is a Steyr M357-A1. It’s accurate, reliable and a dream to shoot, though I do not like the bulky rail.

My latest is a M9-A1 with a threaded barrel. It runs great without the suppressor installed, but sometimes failes to fully return to battery with my suppressor on it. I’ve installed a heavier recoil spring, but that has not solved the problem. I’m still working on finding a solution.

Bottom line is that I’d recommend the Steyr M series pistols, but not the threaded M9-A1 if you’re wanting to run it suppressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12