Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr M9-A1 with InForce APLc

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Steyr M9-A1 with InForce APLc

Exactly 107 rounds into owning a Steyr M9-A1 with an InForce APLc mounted. No malfunctions, very accurate, super flat shooting. I like how fast the trapezoidal sights are, and if you slow down a bit you can place the tip of the triangle on the target for more accuracy at 15+ yards. The trigger reset was a bit subtle at first, but got more noticeable after a few mags. I don't know if this was the trigger behaving better or if I just got used to the reset. I shot the Steyr back to back with my M&P9 Gen 1 with Apex sear (have shot thousands of rounds through the M&P over most of a decade) and I prefer the Steyr.

The APLc weighs nothing and I like the simple switches. The only downside to the light is that it uses a battery that is not in my stockpile (CR2) -- not a huge deal.

Shooting Gold Dot 124gr +P as my primary defensive load.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    I do like the controls on APLs.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Those Steyr’s are under appreciated gems.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I too like the trapezoidal sights. I wish I could get them on other guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    Totally agree!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Completely agree. I think you need to put one in your current Death Match!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    ...and yep.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    So other than the competition or maybe its price point, I wonder why this pistol never took off ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    So other than the competition or maybe its price point, I wonder why this pistol never took off ?
    Steyr does not know what marketing is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Steyr got off to a rough start with this pistol. They exeperienced several failures of distributors in the US , which, in turn resulted in a lack of consistent support for service and parts. Add to that, every time a US distributor went under, the remaining inventory was sold off to companies like CDNN for liquidation. The first Steyr M9 I bought cost me $249 brand new through them. Lack of support and a super low entry price resulted in lack of confidence in consumers. “I mean they cost $249, how can they be any better than a HiPoint, right?”

Then, add To the fact that, after a US distributor would go under, their inventory sat around while litigation was happening, then waited for a new buyer, and the prevailing thought was, the extraction issues they had may have been related to lubricant getting gummed up while sitting on the shelves. I don’t know that I believe that, but early on they did, certainly have extraction issues, which, even today their extraction is less than forceful, but most have not experienced extraction failures with any of the guns put out in the last several years. Old guns needed to be cleaned well prior to getting them out on the range. Especially the extractor and channel.

I still, to this day, rely on mine as my daily CCW, in addition to my Kahr pm9. I don’t think there is any other polymer, striker fired pistol out there that has any advantages over the Steyr, and it fits MY hand perfect and I shoot it well. No reason to change, for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast