Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Dog: A Soldier's Best Friend (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

War Dog: A Soldier's Best Friend (Review)

A story of three dogs of war from the SOF community and their handlers. If you love dogs, you must see this. Even if you don't, it's a must see. Frankly, I'm not even sure the human race deserves dogs at this point, but the love between dog and handler in the worst of situations, and the aftermath of war for both dog and human, will hit you in the feels like nothing else. HBO has done an important service by bringing this out of the shadows of war to let the public get a sense of what these dogs do for their human handlers and our troops in general. Your allergies will act up...A+

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    that looksk like its going to be awesome love dogs and working dogs ! thanks for the heads up

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Frankly, I'm not even sure the human race deserves dogs at this point, but the love between dog and handler in the worst of situations, and the aftermath of war for both dog and human, will hit you in the feels like nothing else.
    x1000. Their capacity for raw full on, unconditional love is awe inspiring especially when you consider what they have to work with. Thanks for the heads up, looks really good.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    The worst blanket policy email I read was when the 3 Star CO flamed men that shot a woman stabbing their dog on an objective.
    As the wrong call, and human life should not be taken to save a dog.
    While he is a popular personality,
    It went against so much of the ethos it caused him to fall in so many’s eyes,
    As it was viewed as a political move. It may have been Christian based, humans having souls and dogs not,
    But it was viewed as entirely political.

Like somehow we will truly win the hearts and minds of some savages that hate us letting their wives kill our dogs after we shot them and busting up their IED making hobby.

Feedback Score
    Owning a Malinois and Dutch Shepherds- I can say these are amazing dogs.

They are loyal, fearless, and completely devoted.

Here is the full documentary if you want to watch it, HBO released it for free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVq2Sa-PD0

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-16-17 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    I saw the episode of Warfighters: A Soldier's Best Friend on the History channel on Veteran's Day... I wept like a little bitch and hugged my Malinois.
    Last edited by Big A; 11-16-17 at 18:07.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Looking forward to seeing it. All Dutchies will be going to heaven!

Feedback Score
    My little Dutch Shep/Belgian Mal bitch is a working line dog, only 65 pounds, with a distracting prey drive that kept her from making the .mil/LE cut. Jumping off a balance beam to catch a rabbit farting out of the bushes for example.
    She brings me snakes, moles, shrews, etc. and keeps the coyotes out of eye sight.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBs0sKfm6sSU3i4o2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0mEAtn48FeI3dH2W2

My GSD/wolf hybrid was a lot bigger, more settled down indoors, scarily smarter with an even bigger vocabulary.
    I could string ball-mud-fetch for example and he would bring me the ball in the mud puddle and not the one in the grass. Or knew stick, ball, bone, frisbee apart, etc. he would bring me the same, but also larger stuff like turtles, woodchucks, smaller raccoons, and even a fox once.

She can hit about 35 mph in a short sprint. And as agile as any Aussie, etc. I have seen in action.
    He was even faster in a straight line. And better at catching frisbees.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L9GHSRItQDasHUEZ2

I was a study, Greek god version of Tom Cruise back when I had that hybrid, but he was such a handsome beast the ladies gave him all the attention.

When I was about ten, I read Starship Troopers, and there is a section where the recruiter asks Rico about his potential bond with dogs. I would have ended up that instead of mobile infantry. When I did go in, the only dog stuff was low speed LE options. Decades later, when I was rolling with the young guys, I did feel pangs of jealously at the young rangers, SF, SEALs, etc. that were handlers. Some got out and did it as contractors for decent pay.

Supposedly animals have no souls. I suspect there is something lost over time and translations when it comes to dogs. At a minimum, dogs are loyal to us and have saved many, horses as well, and even cars keep the barn in good order. In exchange only hell bound savages eat them.

The Road Warrior shared his food with his dog, and while A Boy and His Dog May have taken it a little too far, he needed the dog to durvive but not the woman.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just finished watching the documentary. Few will understand the bond these handlers have with their dogs. It upset me to see the Ranger SFC get shut down by the cop that had his dog when he tried to get her back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    I just finished watching the documentary. Few will understand the bond these handlers have with their dogs. It upset me to see the Ranger SFC get shut down by the cop that had his dog when he tried to get her back.
    That was tough yes, but per usual two sides:

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...bo-documentary
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast