Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War Dog: A Soldier's Best Friend (Review)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That was tough yes, but per usual two sides:

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...bo-documentary
    Three sides.. 2 parties and the truth.

I cried like a little bitch watching the documentary.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There was a documentary on The Military channel, or History Channel, that I watched back around 1999-2000 called "War Dogs". But the stories and interviews were from Vietnam (this being pre-9/11). Yep, it also coaxed a tear or two from my eyes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Three sides.. 2 parties and the truth.

I cried like a little bitch watching the documentary.
    From what I know, I still feel the cop could have stepped up in that situation, but hard to know there. At least the dog was well cared for by people who loved her to he final day, which is in my view, the most important aspect of the story and hopefully helps the handler move on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

Supposedly animals have no souls. I suspect there is something lost over time and translations when it comes to dogs. At a minimum, dogs are loyal to us and have saved many, horses as well, and even cars keep the barn in good order. In exchange only hell bound savages eat them.

Wolves were the first animals we domesticated. The Chauvet Cave in France has paw prints next to a child's footprints all along the floor of the cave- basically the dog was walking next to the kid, side by side. These prints are over 26,000 years old or older. In essence, the canine is our oldest friend, they always will be, and if there is a God- I believe he made sure to show us how to be better people by giving us the wolf which in turn gave us the dog.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-17-17 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Wolves were the first animals we domesticated. The Chauvet Cave in France has paw prints next to a child's footprints all along the floor of the cave- basically the dog was walking next to the kid, side by side. These prints are over 26,000 years old or older. In essence, the canine is our oldest friend, they always will be, and if there is a God- I believe he made sure to show us how to be better people by giving us the wolf which in turn gave us the dog.
    Son asks "Dad, are there dogs in heaven?"

Dad responds "Well it woudn't be heaven if they didn't son"
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I was just given this book as a gift...

War Dogs. Tales of Canine Heroism, History, and Love by Rebecca Frankel

I haven't read it yet, but it looks like a great read. If you love dogs, as I do, you might want to ask santa for it.

Feedback Score
    There is even an old Twilight Zone episode where the guy gets into heaven betting on if his dog is not there it can’t be heaven

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The worst blanket policy email I read was when the 3 Star CO flamed men that shot a woman stabbing their dog on an objective.
    As the wrong call, and human life should not be taken to save a dog.
    While he is a popular personality,
    It went against so much of the ethos it caused him to fall in so many’s eyes,
    As it was viewed as a political move. It may have been Christian based, humans having souls and dogs not,
    But it was viewed as entirely political.

Like somehow we will truly win the hearts and minds of some savages that hate us letting their wives kill our dogs after we shot them and busting up their IED making hobby.
    Who was that? Got a link to an article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Die living

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12