Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A controversial statement..discuss

Feedback Score
    I had actually forgotten that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiz View Post
    BCG bounce is only an issue on full auto.
    Now on technical level I'll argue said bolt bounce will accelerate wear at the cam pin/bolt/carrier interface, as it causes the bolt to unlock then relock. To the OP there's the controversial topic...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiz View Post
    BCG bounce is only an issue on full auto. They used H2's with the SOCOM barrel because the barrel is heavier, which makes the BCG bounce more, the H1 doesn't have enough mass to stop the increased bounce with the SOCOM barrel. If they didn't use H2's the issue of hammer follow would arise (the sole reason for free-moving weights in the buffer, actually), which isn't a good thing when you're shooting full auto.
    Exactly. Carrier bounces rearward after impacting the rear face of the barrel extension. This occurs after the carrier has tripped the autosear which has released the hammer. The hammer impacts the firing pin/carrier cocking ramp while the carrier is traveling rearward, resulting in hammer follow without primer ignition. I had this issue on my M16 when I first swapped to a 10.5” upper and was still using a standard CAR buffer. Interestingly I purchased a Commando 2-piece mechanical buffer that was out of spec and the two pieces were bound together. That produced immediate hammer follow within the second round. H buffer corrected the issues. I have since swapped to h2 and h3 buffers in my M16s.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 11-19-17 at 11:13.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12