Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P Sport II Full Auto Torture Test

Feedback Score

M&P Sport II Full Auto Torture Test

Fast forward to Minute 8:40

I own one but haven't shot it much yet

He uses a full auto lower and bolt carrier

Last edited by PattonWasRight; 12-01-17 at 21:15.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Another proof that mid-grade ARs and PSA Premium BCGs work just fine. All the shills and fan boys will still continue posting about buying premium and "quality brand" overpriced products (i.e. whatever company pays them that day or whatever they fell in love with this month) all other the internet.

This proves again that a quality firearm does not need to be expensive.

That's why you won't see new brands doing this testing - it'll prove that their offerings at 2-3x the price are not any better of any existing cheaper models. It literally costs nothing for them. Some things will be probably used up during testing like:
    - a barrel $150-200
    - bcg $100
    - upper $50
    - handguard $40-200
    - 1-1.5k of ammo $300-450

for under $1000 (approximately) they can show an actual demonstration on how their AR is better than other brands + gain reputation points, but most don't. This fact alone goes a long way...
    Last edited by alx01; 12-02-17 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It did well for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just because a gun will run full auto doesn't mean it's not overgassed which can cause premature parts failure and reliability issues. It does not mean the parts are made to spec or correct material. It only proves that it takes a certain amount of heat to destroy parts not meant to take that much continuous fire. I've been a membe for a long time and have really learned a lot from this site. It seems like in the last year though it has started to become crap like all the other forums, full of people who can't wait to praise the cheapest piece of crap while the rest of us are stupid for spending more money to get parts that are correctly made and qc'd. If you love your anderson or psa or radical firearms that is great. It doesn't make them great though. This site has definitely gone downhill and it is mostly due to the new people's attitude. If you don't believe in spending 1200 dollars on a bcm fine but don't go on every thread about a bottom barrel gun and tell us we're wrong for suggesting quality over quantity.
    Last edited by G.B.; 12-02-17 at 06:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A complete different lower and BCG was used. So what got tested? The barrel, gas tube, charging handle, and hand guards.

Color me unimpressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    A complete different lower and BCG was used. So what got tested? The barrel, gas tube, charging handle, and hand guards.

Color me unimpressed.
    Agreed, I see nothing here but the destruction of a perfectly fine upper. 99.9% of S&W buyers will never even come close to this kind of abuse.
    If a person wants to buy a S&W, Ruger, Windham, PSA, I don't have an issue with it. There are better brands available and you get what you pay for....

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    ...This proves again that a quality firearm does not need to be expensive...
    It only proves to me that firearm performed in that way at that time. I think I will "err on the side of caution" and remain a "fanboy".

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Those "other companies" have proved their ability to make working equipment time and time again. There are schools where they are constantly driven and put away wet. Military testing by the tens of thousands of rounds. So forth and so on. We look to the common things in proven systems as sign of things being done correctly, and the proof is in the day in, day out performance.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It was mildly amusing watching the handguards burn and drip off the gun and to see the nitride barrel transform to a shiny silver. Not really my favorite type of videos, but I am sure they get a lot of views, and if that makes a fellow shooter and Vet some money, more power to them.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    Just because a gun will run full auto doesn't mean it's not overgassed which can cause premature parts failure and reliability issues. It does not mean the parts are made to spec or correct material. It only proves that it takes a certain amount of heat to destroy parts not meant to take that much continuous fire. I've been a membe for a long time and have really learned a lot from this site. It seems like in the last year though it has started to become crap like all the other forums, full of people who can't wait to praise the cheapest piece of crap while the rest of us are stupid for spending more money to get parts that are correctly made and qc'd. If you love your anderson or psa or radical firearms that is great. It doesn't make them great though. This site has definitely gone downhill and it is mostly due to the new people's attitude. If you don't believe in spending 1200 dollars on a bcm fine but don't go on every thread about a bottom barrel gun and tell us we're wrong for suggesting quality over quantity.
    butthurt in 3...2...1...GO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast