Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Purchase: Colt Trooper vs Colt Combat Unit vs Anything Else

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I
    The one negative thing I have found with the Trooper is that the M-Lok rails at the 6 o'clock position are for the most part useless. This is because of the combination of the diameter of the barrel and the remaining portion of the bayonet lug combined with the small internal diameter of the Centurion rail. I tried to mount a VFG and a MagPul finger stop. The M-Lok screws were hitting against the barrel or the bayonet lug stub. I ended up putting one of the M-ok screws in a vice and filing down the length of the screw so as to mount the MagPul finger stop.

The thinner profile barrel of the 6960 CCU would prevent this from being a problem. I'm really tempted to sell off the Trooper and buy a 6960 CCU.
    I mounted a Magpul VFG on my Trooper today. I mounted mine in the slot right under the gas block, I set the proper depth on the screws and then ground off the excess length of the screws, with a wiz wheel, it literally only took 3 extra minutes. After tightening the grip in place there’s a good bit of clearance (at least 1/16”). Those screws are longer to facilitate mounting to handguards made from thicker material I’m sure. I ground off about 1/8” of screw length.
    All the other accessories, QD sling mount and Magpul type 2 covers mounted up on all the remaining open slots, with good clearance.
    I don’t see this as an issue at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SIONICS Patrol Rifle Three-E, an EOtech EXPS2-0. With tax, fees, shipping, that will put you right at your budget with a little left over for ammo. That would be a setup to be proud of and highly functional.

Sell the Del-Ton to some sucker and you can upgrade more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuck View Post
    To me, this one is easy-if the Trooper is available at last month’s pricing, ~$700-750, then that is a no brainer; if the Trooper is available at its current pricing, ~$950, I’d go with the CCU, for the upgraded furniture and slightly better CMR rail with the integrated QD cups. If the Trooper had been available for $750 back when I bought my CCU, I’d go Trooper 10 times out of 10. I really like my CCU, but not for $300 more than a last months Trooper pricing.

I could care less about mid vs carbine gas systems on a gun with a 13” rail. I’ve never been able to tell the difference between the 2 anyway, and Colt more than any other manufacturer has the 16” carbine gas system down to a science.

I think you really nailed it. With the low price, it is hard not to go with a Colt Trooper and have an exceedingly solid weapon and an exceedingly low price. The low priced Troopers are not going to stick around for long.

If the price on the Trooper is up around $1,000,the CCU and BCM become very worth looking at, but if you can find a Trooper for $700 the choice is simplistic.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Shop around! With the ar market flooded & the holidays coming up people will be dumping stuff. I scored a new complete
    BCM lower for 275.00 on Armslist. I drove a little for it but it was worth it. Found a brand new BCM 14.5 BFH KMR 13 upper complete w/BCM bcg for 525.00 off another EE board! 800.00 got me a new RECCE 14 carbine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Bought the Trooper this morning from https://www.smga.com/p-128405.aspx?s...rbine-556-nato for 740.00 shipped. Decent price. No idea as to their current inventory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Bought the Trooper this morning from https://www.smga.com/p-128405.aspx?s...rbine-556-nato for 740.00 shipped. Decent price. No idea as to their current inventory.
    ordered mine a few months back now and my local dealer has said he can’t get them right now. His suppliers are out of stock. I guess people got the word out Colt has a solid rifle out for a good price.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For those still in the market, this site has 42 Troopers in stock as of now:

https://www.deguns.net/Colt-LE6920-R...p/le6920-r.htm

With their price match and SHIP30 promo code, you can get the rifle for $748 shipped. I’ve ordered a Vickers Glock from this site before with quick shipping and no issues. For what it’s worth, the site also has the best prices on CZs and some other brands as well. When they had the P10c in stock, their price was $418. I have absolutely no need for a sa/da gun, but $388 for a p07 has me almost breaking out the credit card.
    Last edited by whatthepuck; 11-25-17 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Received the new Trooper yesterday evening. Pretty oily (a good thing). Believe it's oil and not an anti-corrosive but I could be mistaken. Fixin' to clean it up. I really like the slim handguard. Probably be days before I take it out for a little shakedown cruise. It was landing on this thread several days ago that led me to the purchase if I could get it for less than mid-700.00s (739.99 shipped). Thanks folks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Received the new Trooper yesterday evening. Pretty oily (a good thing). Believe it's oil and not an anti-corrosive but I could be mistaken. Fixin' to clean it up. I really like the slim handguard. Probably be days before I take it out for a little shakedown cruise. It was landing on this thread several days ago that led me to the purchase if I could get it for less than mid-700.00s (739.99 shipped). Thanks folks.
    I think the 6920 Trooper is a nice carbine. Glad you were able to snag one, Bama.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    I think the 6920 Trooper is a nice carbine. Glad you were able to snag one, Bama.
    Thanks buddy. Can't wait to take it out. Sure appears well made to me considering price and all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123