Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which optic?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    So the main difference for me between the H2 and T2 is the temp rating difference which is -20F for the H2 and -40F for the T2 and 140F for the H2 and 160F for the T2. Is that a significant difference in temps for a SHTF rifle?
    1) Do you spend any time outside at less than -20 or over 140 F.? Do you expect to be personally functional outside those temperature ranges?

2) Do you think that Aimpoint actually changes some feature between the models that somehow changes their temperature range by exactly 20 degrees in each direction? Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, some companies give their mil/gov marketed scopes a slightly better specification to justify the higher price for those sales, and under-rate the civilian/sporting focused model in order to avoid questions about price or bidding issues? I don't know that Aimpoint or anyone else does this, but I do have my suspicions.

The Aimpoint is smaller, lighter, and has a better reliability track record than the EOTech. Beyond that it's personal preference.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The whole battery thing is blown out of proportion. We have spares for everything important in our lives. How difficult is it to buy a bunch of CR123 batteries and throw a few in your stock, grips, range bag, glove box, desk drawer, dresser drawer, shower, garage, safe, wherever. Is it really a problem? The optic flashes when it has 2-5 hours life remaining. Lithium batteries perform normally until dead so there is no degradation in performance.

Aimpoint batteries die too. If you obsess over batteries, you'll most likely over-change the batteries in your Aimpoint, you know, just to be safe, right?
    I never understood it either.. I change everything I have once a year. Flashlights, smoke detectors, AV remotes. Everything. When I rode motorcycles I changed the battery every year. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You won’t go wrong with either. Since you have the H1, try out an EOTech.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Echoing this.

Figure out what your particular situation is, and go from there. Aimpoint, EOTech, and Trijicon are all putting out quality products. At this point in 2017 it distills down to needs and preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    You won’t go wrong with either. Since you have the H1, try out an EOTech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    The H2 is on my SHTF rifle but I am moving it to my HD rifle so I am getting a new red dot for the SHTF rifle. I would be getting a T2 over the H2 I was just wondering if the temp difference was a big deal being in the south. The EOtech has a battery life of 600 hours and the T2 is 50000 hours. However I like the EOtech dot better and the minimal parallax shift but like the battery life of the T2. I could leave the H2 on the SHTF and put an eotech on the HD rifle. That’s why I am torn because I don’t know if a T2 would be better on a SHTF over an H2.
    Eotech has less parallax shift than aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just curious, if you’re not using NV, why go with the EXPS3? You can save a few bucks by going with an EXPS2.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    The price difference between the T2 and H2 is not much, if it's something like $30. Then just get the better ones.

Stay away from EOTech. If you need something with a big window, check out the prism red-dot sights from DI Optical, Meprolight or Harman.

Feedback Score
    I use H2, and recommend to buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12