I have a disease/compulsion.

Many years ago I missed several birds in a row because I was using a shotgun that I wasn't familiar with. I had lots of different guns at the time and I didn't click the safety off on this gun because it wasn't in the same place. Other times I have flubbed reloads, got a click instead of a bang when I had different manual of arms.

Yes, I could train with it and eventually overcome it but I have limited shooting opportunities and that is something I don't want to screw with.

Therefore, I want my firearms to all operate as closely as possible to each other.

All my automatic shotguns are Benellis, all my handguns are Glocks, all my revolvers are S&W.

Now I am thinking about bolt actions. I really like the Browning system (Abolt) and I used to have several but don't own any now.

While fooling around at the local Academy I played around with a Ruger American Rimfire. Safety is similar in location and function to that of the Browning. Both have 60 degree bolt throws.

Anyone else have both and can confirm that the RAR could be a suitable "understudy" rifle for a Browning Abolt/Xbolt?

My alternatives are the Marlins that I have now and go with a Remington bolt but I have owned several over the years and I prefer the Browning.

Thoughts?