Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Old school knives you don’t see or use much any more...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I don't have pics of it, but I have an old Ka-Bar copy of a Buck 110. IIRC my dad gave it to me and I remember years later pulling it out of my knife box and doing a double take when I read the name of the manufacturer on the blade. Looks just like a Buck with the exceptions of some serrations on the spine to aid in grip purchase.

I've been meaning to snap a few pics of it with an old school Everyready flashlight I got an add them to the EDC light and knife thread.
    Please share here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Well I can't find my EK Commando. Here are some knives that were in a box. Along with my money valuable bag and M16 cleaning rag from PISC! My laundry number was 19.

My favorite is the Blackjack. It was a gift from a buddy who owns the local gun shop. I used to look at that knife several times a week. He had it engraved and gave it to me when I graduated from the police academy in 1997.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    My brother in law found this Buck 112. Some idiot ground on it with something to try to sharpen it. It's tough to see because it was a quick picture that he sent me but it was full of gouges on the edge and it wasn't even at all. I didn't think it had a chance.

I decided to take a crack at it anyway. I put in a few hours on the Edge Pro Apex.

I have to say this blade design is awesome for sharpening on the Edge Pro. The grinds on my Benchmades can be a real pain in the ass to keep steady on it, but old school Buck folders are a pleasure.
    Last edited by TF82; 11-23-17 at 14:36. Reason: Added a full pic after sharpening

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Well I can't find my EK Commando. Here are some knives that were in a box. Along with my money valuable bag and M16 cleaning rag from PISC! My laundry number was 19.

My favorite is the Blackjack. It was a gift from a buddy who owns the local gun shop. I used to look at that knife several times a week. He had it engraved and gave it to me when I graduated from the police academy in 1997.

The blackjack and the two gerbers...we really do need a “like” button around here.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    The blackjack and the two gerbers...we really do need a “like” button around here.
    Thanks man. The Gerber knives are great the sheaths from 1990 Suck! I️ should find a replacement kydex sheath for both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345