Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Old school knives you don’t see or use much any more...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I’ve got a drawer full of random old knives- here’s a few-

Top is my first real knife, a Buck 110 from the mid-late eighties, maybe from my first deer hunt? Next two are from my dad a few years ago- a Schrade 735 mariner’s knife and a Ka-Bar x11/77. I didn’t know much about these knives, but they seem to have some collector value. Bottom is an old set of Buck knives. Again, a hand me down from my dad, maybe 10-15 years ago.
    That Ka-bar dogs head folding hunter is very cool. And yes collectors like them. Not super expensive, but sought after nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I have a shit-ton of knives, but this is the only old mil knife I own

Boy that brings back memories. I used that knife all during my childhood. Wish I still had it. It was my Dad's from when he was in the Army 1942 - 1948.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Popular mod was to grind, file, or break off the stud which would tear your pockets and give you blisters. One of mine was already ground down, another not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Neat Thread...forget exactly how far back my LMF goes but guessing I bought it in the 90's?? I have a thing for the older Puma's.

Couple of White Hunters & Game Wardens
    Skinner
    Earl
    Plainsman
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Don't know 'bout "old school" but surely doesn't get no use.

Attachment 48737
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet. —Quintus Dias

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Don't know 'bout "old school" but surely doesn't get no use.

Attachment 48737
    Very nice, as much as I like it, I have no idea how I would carry something that big.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Neat Thread...forget exactly how far back my LMF goes but guessing I bought it in the 90's?? I have a thing for the older Puma's.

Couple of White Hunters & Game Wardens
    Skinner
    Earl
    Plainsman
    White hunters....mmmmm. Now those will bring some coin for production knives.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KNIVES.jpg
    A few of my old ones. The Schrade USA on top has skinned more deer than many people have seen, got it for Christmas as a very young boy. The USMC Camp knife, I bought at the 2005 NRA Show in Houston TX from the hands of the man who owned the company at the time, possibly the last owner I think? Said he had a warehouse full of them, with the USMC ones being the least common. The double bladed Frontier knife was my dads, also skinned its share of critters, and is absolutely razor sharp and a very high quality knife.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    That auto buck is a thing of beauty.
    I went away from that style of knife because of two handing opening.
    I have been using benchmade/Emerson folders for decades because I flick them open.
    (Not a huge auto fan)

CJ Buck in the video was fresh out of college when he got with Phrobis and the Buckmaster was produced.
    I always wanted a Phrobis bayonet, Buckmaster, and beretta slide to go together.

I think he is a man born into a company/job that he has his heart in it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't have pics of it, but I have an old Ka-Bar copy of a Buck 110. IIRC my dad gave it to me and I remember years later pulling it out of my knife box and doing a double take when I read the name of the manufacturer on the blade. Looks just like a Buck with the exceptions of some serrations on the spine to aid in grip purchase.

I've been meaning to snap a few pics of it with an old school Everyready flashlight I got an add them to the EDC light and knife thread.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast