Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old school knives you don’t see or use much any more...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    The best folder ever- the Buck 110. Although still for sale not part of the tacticool club. Mine is 30+ years old and will still shave the hair off my arm.
    They make a factory 110 Auto now.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/1...fe/0110BRSA-B/

I can't remember but was the Gerber BMF used in any 80's movies. I seem to recall looking through an issue of my dad's Combat Knives (or some other blade rag) that did a cover story on them back in the day.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The best folder ever- the Buck 110. Although still for sale not part of the tacticool club. Mine is 30+ years old and will still shave the hair off my arm.
    I have one maybe that old, duller than Hillary's sense of humor....

The old Gerbers are such classics.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    About 25 years ago when I was in ROTC I had a really nice E.K. Commando that I really liked. Somehow it sprouted legs and walked off. Sadly you don't see E.K. knives much anymore.
    I have an EK Commando with a wooden handle. I carried it in the Gulf as a young Marine. I had a Gerber BMF but it was stolen, the EK took it's place.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I can't remember but was the Gerber BMF used in any 80's movies. I seem to recall looking through an issue of my dad's Combat Knives (or some other blade rag) that did a cover story on them back in the day.
    Tom Berenger had a Gerber BMF in "Shoot to kill" (1988)
    IIRC one of the bad guys had a Gerber BMF in the "The Rock" - "I'm gonna gut you boy" guy. I think (1996)
    Last edited by titsonritz; 11-17-17 at 13:25.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I have an EK Commando with a wooden handle. I carried it in the Gulf as a young Marine. I had a Gerber BMF but it was stolen, the EK took it's place.
    Damn, now those EK's were sexy blades. I remember they made the cover / feature article of one of those 80's knife rags as well.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Tom Berenger had a Gerber BMF in "Shoot to kill" (1988)
    IIRC one of the bad guys had a Gerber BMF in the "The Rock" - "I'm gonna gut you boy" guy. I think (1996)
    Ah hah probably one of the one's I was thinking of.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    9A4E5439-3271-449A-8CA7-C4B504275467.jpg
    Couple Western from my grandpa
    Carl Julius Krebs
    AL MAR SERE (black finish not that it has any left)
    AL MAR SERT
    BCCO multi
    U.S. MOD 1917
    Buck 119 (back when they came with a real leather sheath!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    9A4E5439-3271-449A-8CA7-C4B504275467.jpg
    Couple Western from my grandpa
    Carl Julius Krebs
    AL MAR SERE (black finish not that it has any left)
    AL MAR SERT
    BCCO multi
    U.S. MOD 1917
    Buck 119 (back when they came with a real leather sheath!)
    Moose my EK was an inexpensive version. It didn't have the highly polished blade and wood. It was more of a parkarized finish. I'll have to dig it out when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This isn't my EK but it looked like this new. It's ptetty beat now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    This isn't my EK but it looked like this new. It's ptetty beat now.

I remember getting a sheaf like that when thenleather KaBar one wore out.

Speaking of that,
    The BMF sheaths are hell on making the knives rust. Not new. But something about how the become oxidase as the material ages.

Feedback Score
    Keep one of those razor sharp in my hunting pact. Wouldn't go deer hunting without it.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast