Thread: Colt Python Sillouette 357 price check

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Colt Python Sillouette 357 price check

I've found a NIB (unfired with original woodgrain box and paperwork) 8" Colt Python 357 mag sillouette model local on consignment for a bit over $3k. This think is 100% mint. I am not really a revolver guy but this thing is beautiful and my understanding is they are a pretty good investment. Is that a decent price for that model?

Any reason not to jump on it?

Also, if I do decide to shoot it, how much of a hit would I take price wise?

From reading I think I read only 500 of these were made, but I could be wrong. Again, not really a revolver guy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    not familiar with that model but seems a bit high
    however, these are only going to get rarer so if you are looking for investment and can store properly for about 10 more years you may double your investment?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buy it & if it's as nice as you say will gladly pay you more...obviously it's all about the condition of the overall package but if the gun is minty, it is worth over $3k. Jump on it.

I personally would not shoot it if like new condition.
    Last edited by Artos; 11-16-17 at 17:32.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well if you want to look at the one auction of a new in box Python going for $20 or so thousand, then if it is as nice as claimed then you could possibly get more than 3K for it, should you choose.

That said, as far as investments go, I am not sure I would consider a Python to be a great investment. I say that, because I honestly feel their prices are way over inflated for they should be, and am of the opinion that the market will crash on them in time. One man's opinion of course.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would LOVE to have this gun. Please let me know as I would be happy to buy it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    not familiar with that model but seems a bit high
    however, these are only going to get rarer so if you are looking for investment and can store properly for about 10 more years you may double your investment?

It is a variant they made for sillouette matches. Has a 8" barrel and the rib has notches for a scope mount.
    Attachment 48711

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I would LOVE to have this gun. Please let me know as I would be happy to buy it.
    PM inbound.

Feedback Score
    I paid $900 for a 6" Royal Blue Python a few years ago. It was from the original owner and had about 300 rounds through it. Not a scratch on it except for a tiny turn line. Seems to be worth north of $2k in my area right now.

You might hit the Colt forum and try to get an idea on value. I don't think $3K sounds out of line and being a limited model will help, but be aware it will likely draw a smaller crowd if and when you sell down the road.

Feedback Score
    checking GB or other gun auction sites wont work, the thing about Python is that you can find them for different price range depending on their condition. buying from dealers is not a good way to go, buying from a collector is the key, they all will sell at a price they are comfortable with. so you can for say expect to find a any fixed price. but for me, 1000$ to 12000$ is good. assuming its in an Immaculate condition.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Around $3k is a reasonable starting place for a less-common Python variant.