Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DBAL-I2 Input

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

DBAL-I2 Input

Considering pulling the trigger on the 9007 version of the I2. This is the IR/IR version. Anyone have experience with it? This will be my first foray into the world of laser designators. How difficult is it to zero without the visible laser? Is a price of $665 a good deal?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcrusher8307 View Post
    Considering pulling the trigger on the 9007 version of the I2. This is the IR/IR version. Anyone have experience with it? This will be my first foray into the world of laser designators. How difficult is it to zero without the visible laser? Is a price of $665 a good deal?
    Are you choosing the 9007 because of the IR illuminator? It's only rated to 4mW output, which is minuscule compared to a M600V Scout's 120mW.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    My thoughts were for a simple self contained unit that will get me NV capable to 100 meters or so for HD purposes. No real plans on night hog hunting or anything like that at this point.

I'm sure a stand-alone IR light would blow it out of the water on the illuminator side, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that just yet.

I can certainly be convinced by the experience here though.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You can focus the illuminator on the 9007, whereas an m600v gives you a lot of spill. It kind of depends on what you want out of the illumination.

On the visible laser DBAL-I2 units the visible and IR lasers aren't slaved, so in terms of zeroing, you have to do it with NODs either way. The A3 slaves the visible and IR lasers, so it's much easier to zero.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcrusher8307 View Post
    My thoughts were for a simple self contained unit that will get me NV capable to 100 meters or so for HD purposes. No real plans on night hog hunting or anything like that at this point.

I'm sure a stand-alone IR light would blow it out of the water on the illuminator side, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that just yet.

I can certainly be convinced by the experience here though.
    If its for close range HD then I wouldnt be too concerned about "zeroing"
    Also, do you plan on having time to put nods on and everything if you have an intruder?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bushnell is coming out with a dual IR laser / illuminator with built in BUIS and ambi controls. They showed it off at SHOT Show this year. Looks like a really well thought out rig. I haven't seen it for sale yet though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing i like about it is that the laser is inline with the bore, so no need to worry about parallel zero.

Feedback Score
    Is there any info on that bushnell IR laser or pics?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This is horrible advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt45648 View Post
    If its for close range HD then I wouldnt be too concerned about "zeroing"
    Also, do you plan on having time to put nods on and everything if you have an intruder?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

DBAL-I2 Input

I actually just received my I2 today. My PVS-14 hasn’t come in yet so I can’t speak on it personally, but from what I’ve read, it’s one of the best illuminator/laser combos for the money. I wanted the illuminator more than the visible laser and I didn’t think it was worth $500 more dollars for the A3. I’m sure it’s much more convenient to zero with a visible laser, but I’m not worried about it.

Slippers has a good point but I wasn’t really interested in running a vampire head because I wanted my IR and visible light to be completely separate, but that’s just me at this point in time. My opinion may change as I figure out the limitations of the I2’s illuminator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lahunter57; 11-16-17 at 21:38.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast