Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DBAL-I2 Input

Feedback Score
    I also run a DBAL-A3 plus a Vamp light on my SBR, great combo for the intended reason.

Wwhile it is a few hundred bucks more what I like about the A3 over the I2 is the slaved vis laser makes checking and adjusting the zero a snap.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 single spectrum i2s. Really like them. The illuminator doesn't hold a candle to the D2 or mawl however. But the i2 is only like $650, so I can afford to have an laser/illum on all my go to rifles.

I just wish steiner still sold the diffuser for the illuminator, cause the beam is too tight indoors.

It's very easy to zero, just slave it to your red dot at whatever distance to get it on paper, and cradle the rifle in your lap while sitting maybe use the sling for support while zeroing, since prone with nods is ... difficult.
    Last edited by tominphx; 12-28-17 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For my part, wanting to run only 12:00 rail mounting on a short SBR with the DBAL - I had to go a bit crazy and run either a Vampire Scout, or on my Mk18 run the Rosch Works SL-1 and cobble together (Z68 tailcap, Z_KM1 head.
    The ALD is either really sorted, or running white light instantaneously is basically garbage, but for how little weight I'm running on a 10.5" setup, I can't actually complain at limitations like that.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    My buddies and I have like six 9007s between us. Great LAMs for the money. Illuminator is hands down better than the ATPIAL-C, but zero confirmation is a bit harder without a visible laser.

I prefer laser IR illuminators for outdoor shooting as they cut through smoke and fog much better than an IR LED light.

PS The inaugural unofficial M4C FL Nightshoot is Jan 25th if anyone is interested...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcrusher8307 View Post
    My thoughts were for a simple self contained unit that will get me NV capable to 100 meters or so for HD purposes. No real plans on night hog hunting or anything like that at this point.

I'm sure a stand-alone IR light would blow it out of the water on the illuminator side, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on that just yet.

I can certainly be convinced by the experience here though.
    If its for close range HD then I wouldnt be too concerned about "zeroing"
    Also, do you plan on having time to put nods on and everything if you have an intruder?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bushnell is coming out with a dual IR laser / illuminator with built in BUIS and ambi controls. They showed it off at SHOT Show this year. Looks like a really well thought out rig. I haven't seen it for sale yet though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing i like about it is that the laser is inline with the bore, so no need to worry about parallel zero.

Feedback Score
    Is there any info on that bushnell IR laser or pics?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Interested to hear about the Bushnell unit.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quite a few pics on Instagram, but that's all I know so far. They have a whole new night vision product line up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast