Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zev Frame Work

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Zev Frame Work

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    A watercolour set is $5 from the local art mart, but you don't see me painting masterpieces. I've done my own stippling job before, and it's no where as nice as some of the work I'd pay for.
    Perhaps not but you can make the work 100% functional via diy. It’s like having ornate carved handles on hammers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 11-17-17 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    Zev aren't exactly at the vanguard of stippling. Or anything else, really.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    I had some work done by them a few years back.

They did a double undercut, remove finger grooves, stipple and add forward thumb pads (not sure proper name).

The grip mods change the feel, but there's some mistakes in the work. Not the greatest aesthetically compared to other companies out there.

That’s looks like hot garbage. I wouldn’t pay for that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    WTF?Shane, what were the mistakes?

Maybe not all mistakes, but definitely could look a lot cleaner.

You can see a pattern on the lower 3/4 where the iron was being pressed. Looks like honeycomb patterning and like it was rushed. High heat and too much pressure maybe? I don't see this on pics of other Zev guns.

Couple of spots the polymer got burnt. It shows on a FDE frame.

Small one, but They could've been a little more careful around the Glock logo. They came a little close on the bottom right hand corner.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the cutout on the slide not being centered.

Again, this isn't a show piece, and the gun is meant to be used.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was thinking about that, but it’s only 175.00 according to Zev’s web site. So it really isn’t that big of a difference in cost.

Your frame is a handgun, so it’ll be fairly expensive to have your FFL ship it via USPS or for you to ship it Next Day UPS as per their rules. You’re looking at easily adding $40-$50 to the cost of the work. Seriously, buy a Polymer80 80% frame with free shipping from Brownells, spend a relaxing afternoon finishing the frame, then go shooting...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Your frame is a handgun, so it’ll be fairly expensive to have your FFL ship it via USPS or for you to ship it Next Day UPS as per their rules. You’re looking at easily adding $40-$50 to the cost of the work. Seriously, buy a Polymer80 80% frame with free shipping from Brownells, spend a relaxing afternoon finishing the frame, then go shooting...
    Doesn’t the polymer 80 count as a firearm?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Doesn’t the polymer 80 count as a firearm?
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That’s good to know I had that on my list of projects this coming year. As for my current gun it may got to Cold Bore.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Haven't there been some issues with the Polymer80s though? At least with holster fit?

OP, my frame just got to Overwatch Precision. If you're not in a huge rush, I plan on posting some pics and initial impressions in a few weeks when I get it back.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just swap out your factory frame for an 80% unit from Polymer 80 with Brownell's aggressive texturing. It'll be much less expensive and you'll get a frame that addresses all the issues you list.
    I was just comparing the standard Polymer80 texture with the Brownells aggressive texture yesterday and can’t for the life of me decide which one I prefer. I think they honestly both feel fine, although to me, the side of the Brownells texture actually feel less aggressive, while the backstrap is a little more rough. It looks to me like the side texture on the Brownells version is almost inset in the grip, like they added it to an untextured frame (maybe that’s how they did it). The standard texture feels like it’s raised and fills my hand a little more. While it really doesn’t matter at all, I think the standard texture makes the frame look more interesting. I’m deadlocked on which version to pick.

Seriously, buy a Polymer80 80% frame with free shipping from Brownells, spend a relaxing afternoon finishing the frame, then go shooting...
    The Polymer80 compacts were on sale at Brownells last week for $119, and you could find a coupon to get another $10 off plus free shipping. Great deal at $109.99 shipped. I really like the design of the frame, and I think it will be a really fun project to build.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast